Scaling for stat271? (1 Viewer)

BoXter123

HSC
N/A
i reckon F in stat271 if there would be no scale up in sng,,, i could try only half of them,,, which means max raw mark is definetely less than 50...
how did u find the test???
personally it was a DISASTER... it seemed so easy at the first moment when i was having the first reading, but soon realised that it's all different from tut and assignment questions except Q1. even the regression stuff was something ive never seen before:mad:
and anyone went thru 'Gamma family distribution from exp~(1) to X^2 df 2n' or Q6?

P

pLuvia

I got out that chi square thing, because I had written it down on my cheat sheet :) you had to the exponential to gamma function then sum them to get chi square. There were some questions that were so ambiguous like the question where you had to use the goodness of fit test (well I hope it was using that test :() and the question was to "estimate the parameters?" what freaking parameters..

BoXter123

HSC
N/A
oh holy crap...
it's so simple...
i misread question by Y^2=X rather than X^2=Y...:mad: :mad: i thought how on the earth it is possible...
i could do it in 10 secs but skiped it without good thinking coz i misread it... omg... so exam wasn't that hard as i thought in the exam venue...
which means F grade is pretty certain for stat...
so what should i do? transfer to applied fin? don't bother do it again next year...

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

lol what degree are you in now?

Hopefully the scaling will be crazy but trusting Jun ma and suzanne their not that nice. :(

BoganBoy

HSC
stat271 was pretty random. most questions r differnt from tutes. regression was really wtf . whats with the regression with 2 lines. hopefully its scaled up though.

255 was worse for me, test way too long.

hello2004

Regression with 2 lines? Sounds like my 2006 paper ... and no I couldn't get the answer at that time either.

robbo_145

HSC
not sure if you guys had Barry for a lecturer but we had him last year and he said average raw final marks can be quite low so i wouldn't worry too much. Paper sounds very similar to ours last year =/

BoXter123

HSC
N/A
not Barry for 271 but 272 in the first semester.
even so done by barry, i reckon 272 final was way easier than 271... personally in 272 i got one of the highest in my transcript and received conglatulation-letter from Barry... but 271 is nothing but wtf... exam was horrible and i was in blue on the day as well... i'm counting the case of F...

i'm kinda acst single... and thinking about to move to Bsc instead... i cant hate acst more than now
i found master of actuarial practice course after finishing Bsc can be a good option... i'm not sure it is a feasible plan coz there is big chance that acst guys(especially person like Jim Farmer) may reject masters application since i will be doing that if only if i quit bcom acst... and u kno... person like jim would not allow u to go for acst again...

anyway... i dont wanna push myself to exams where i cant get good results no matter how hard i work.... dont u agree wit me?

speed2

HSC
BoXter123 said:
anyway... i dont wanna push myself to exams where i cant get good results no matter how hard i work.... dont u agree wit me?
Wait till you meet Peit De Jong ...

HSC
i didn't think it was THAT bad. got out a fair few of the questions, but yeah the regression question, wtf? i feel alot better about this then i did for stat271 and i got 61 in that.
acst255 was a joke. don't even talk to me about that. it was absolute rubbish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)