• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

scaling in advanced english (1 Viewer)

whoisurdaddy

HSC
From using sam i have identified that advanced english affects uai significantly (I do 10 units btw). Much more than mathematics extension 1, chemistry or eco. Is it because the closeness of ranks and marks in the whole cohort that say a mark of 85 instead of 82 in english is like getting a 40 instead of 30 in maths and etc?
Now im confused. Sorry if i dont make sense im so damn tired.

lionking1191

HSC
there's no such thing as advanced affecting your uai the "most" - every 2units that counts towards your hsc (since you do 10units) affects your uai equally. what i'm guessing you are saying is that any change in HSC mark results in a much larger jump in the mark that goes towards your aggregate total in comparison to your subjects, so in effect you are about the scaling of advanced english.

scaling is not a linear process but varies according to the overall distribution of marks across the state. if you happen to be asking about the scaling, advanced english don't get scaled, and "scales" better than most subjects apart from ext 1 maths, ext 2 maths etc (there's more accurate stats somewhere)

thepaperman

HSC
stop fukn worry. start fukn studying.

maybe if you used the time you put to calculating SAM scaled UAC marks, aligned marks, HSC moderated marks and ranking-gap differentials, INTO some ACTUAL fukn study, you'd be asking 'OH NO, how do i stop from getting a 200+ UAI' .

stoopid digghead.

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)