• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Scaling in the UAI (1 Viewer)

L i L O

HSC
what subjects scale you down and what subjects scale you up
i heard that drama scales you down badly which is really worrying me..

HSC
out of the subjects you do; ipt, geog, drama are low scaling subjects. you will be brought down if you're below state average (but that applies even in the harder subjects too) otherwise you're sweet.

if you're good at drama you have nothing to worry about.

ibewatto

HSC
the way i understand it is scaling is relevent to the overall average, thus subjects like physics scale better than somethin like textiles because overall people in physics are perform better. in sayin this it is possible to get a band 6 in allsubjects and scaling doesnt really come into play until you (as the previous person said, drop below average) and start sinkin below 85-80...basically the lower your marks the quicker the scaling drops

Last edited:

white ferret

HSC
for the subjects that scale well, like chem, eng ext 1 + 2, maths ext 1 + 2, and some language extensions, if u get low band 6s, they'll usually push those marks even higher, but yeah.. if u don't do that well, the scaling doesnt really help u, with the possible exception of 4u maths... =)

ccc123

HSC
Forget about scaling. You can do well with any combination of subjects. This girl in the year above me did drama, general math, geography (all 'low scaling' subjects) and she got a UAI of 100.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Capable students should stay away from GM, and ES.

Last edited:
HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
geography is actually scaled up. common mistake lol
yeah but it doesnt really matter if you get below state average you're fucked anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)