scaling vs marks (1 Viewer)

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
hypothetical:
if a subject like 3 unit english would scale me up, but its my 11th unit, and i do the worst in it, so it doesnt contibute to my overall uai, does the fact that i did 3 unit and its scaling affect my final mark?

*sorry couldnt find appropriate thread*

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
in short, no.
if it's your worst unit then i don't think it gets counted full stop. The only advantage you get from having done the extra unit of english is then any extra understanding and ability that you may have developed, showing itself in your 2u course marks.

i think that makes sense....

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
no .. if its your worst unit it wont get counted. but just say you get 45/50 in ext eng and in business studies say you get 95/100, ext eng may get counted because if it scales to be better it will count.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
it doesnt count for you, but it does count for everyone else at ur school who does 3U and is counting that subject as a part of their UAI - ie. your mark is still used to determine the scaled mark for that subject for that school.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
it is random..."fuck off" is just one of those random annoying users that pop every now and again...

TimesThree

He meant fuckoff gronks, too true.

Porgia. If your 3U mark scales so that it is no longer your worst, it shall count.

3U eng is so easy but !!

Unless you is acing everything else

twiddla

Just remeber that it is ur worst units after everything has been scaled that are dropped if u have greater than ten units except if its in english, in which they take ur 2 best units of eng i think so that cld be your ext unit and one of ur adv units

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)