scaling (1 Viewer)

hsc=suicide

HSC
that paper was.......easy... does that mean we get shitehouse scaling?! ...well worse than normal....it is bio after all.

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
Maybe, who knows, but probly not much different to previous years

4DOGS

HSC
the test was as bout as fair and as difficuly as the last 3-4 years so i would say scaling would be about the same.
raw mark of 72-3% = 80(band5)
raw mark of 83%=90 (band 6)

tadros

HSC
i thought that exam was hard so poo you all
genetics was confusing and it was definately harder than 2001 and 2002

gracie007

HSC
^woah, serious? i swear bio scales BAD. and to me, that is pretty alright scaling.

kittikat

HSC
man is that how biology scaled .. it doesnt look that good hahaha ... well we still doesnt know how it scaled so yeah .. but i remember a student from my school in 2004 .. she paid $30 to get her raw mark of wat she got in her HSC biology exam 2004 .. n she got 57/100 scaled to 86/100 for exam mark ^^ n plus 2004 HSC paper was the easiest then previous years quoted from a teacher of mine that knows a BOS person ..

Last edited:

mel4dan

they dont scale the trials tho do they? or do some schools just...

kittikat

HSC
i do not know .. coz my skool usualy rank like in the 400's each year n plus she got in her trials only 51% so she just pass ..

hsc=suicide

HSC
HarryKozy said:
they dont scale the trials tho do they? or do some schools just...
some schools scale their marks. i think it would make the students seem better. lol if you have a class in which every got below 70/100 wouldnt you want to scale them all up so that they look better externally? my school shows raw mark and rank in exam. i think thats better, not so deceptive towards people looking at your report.

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
gracie007 said:
^woah, serious? i swear bio scales BAD. and to me, that is pretty alright scaling.
There is a difference between scaling the raw mark to give you a HSC mark and the cointribution towards your UAI

Like 90 in chem and biology would give you different Uai contributions

H

housemouse

sunlightstarz said:
Bio scales OK as long as you do OK to begin with. The only thing I know for sure, though, was that in my trial a raw mark of 93 stayed as 93 on my report. Don't know what that means =).
Every school scales or does something differently with their school asssessment marks.

And scaling is different to aligned marks. What 4DOGS was trying to post was about aligned marks not scaling.

mel4dan

hsc=suicide said:
some schools scale their marks. i think it would make the students seem better. lol if you have a class in which every got below 70/100 wouldnt you want to scale them all up so that they look better externally? my school shows raw mark and rank in exam. i think thats better, not so deceptive towards people looking at your report.
Mine weren't scaled at all. They just gave us our raw marks and then a rank, which sounds similar to you. It looks kind of stupid tho when I topped my maths ext 2 trial, but there is a crap mark next to it, so I suppose some schools would scale them. I wonder how they do it tho. It doesnt seem fair that some schools do and some don't.

kittikat

HSC
i agree .. should b a fair system .. like last year my two friends each of them from different school.. n they rank first in 2u maths well okay they paid to get the raw mark wat they got in HSC .. both of them got 96/120 ... but then overall HSC exam person 1 got 92 n person 2 got 89 .. i went err hows that work .. person 1 goes to sydney boys high n person 2 goes to all saints catholic college .. so i guess the school effects the determined HSC marks ..

Last edited:

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
it doesnt matter what your school scales your mark too man...its only your rank, and the difference in ranks that count. they're not going to look at a school with less than 70 overall and say, well they're shit, so we'll scale them badly. for all you know, that school could be a selective school with much higher standards.

clockwise

HSC
N/A
Totally right. It doesnt really matter how the school sales your mark its actaully your rank. My school just scaled our marks primarily for things like schlorship applications and stuff like that.

kittikat

HSC
kittikat said:
i agree .. should b a fair system .. like last year my two friends each of them from different school.. n they rank first in 2u maths well okay they paid to get the raw mark wat they got in HSC .. both of them got 96/120 ... but then overall HSC exam person 1 got 92 n person 2 got 89 .. i went err hows that work .. person 1 goes to sydney boys high n person 2 goes to all saints catholic college .. so i guess the school effects the determined HSC marks ..
what i just typed in the previous comment .. as u can c both of my friends is rank first in the same subject which u guys said rank is important .. well then how is each of them ended up with a different HSC marks when their actually hsc marks they got in HSC was 96/120 which they paid for it..

Last edited:

Sandez

Hay Guys
HSC
I'm an outlier so I'm completely fucked.

Hope I get HSC scaling...if it's at least 70 I'll be happy.

hsc=suicide

HSC
clockwise said:
Totally right. It doesnt really matter how the school sales your mark its actaully your rank. My school just scaled our marks primarily for things like schlorship applications and stuff like that.
which is what i was getting at. scaling your marks so that your school report looks good is fucked. well it is because my school didnt do it :(

Beetle

HSC
Our school scales our trial mark, even if you did good or bad. What im pissed about is that the good students who study get 85 - 90% get scaled lke only around 5 marks or whatever, while the peole who get shtty marks may be scaled up by 10 marks or so. I know its the rank that counts, but then again.. it is a bit unfair lolz.

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
Whatever mark you get in the hsc will not change, the raw hsc mark you get will be scaled and youll get a HSC mark that will not be affected by your school at all. Then the school assessment HSC mark is determined through your rank and how well your school does in that particular exam as a whole. The mark your school sends in doesnt mean anything, your rank and how well your school does in the HSC for that subject determines your school HSC assessment mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)