..scaling? (1 Viewer)

x.glam

HSC
:confused: how much does General Maths scale you down?
also, where can i find info regarding scaling for all subjects?

ty in advance!

HSC
it does massively if you get below the average score, i think. i think its somewhere between 70-75.

Beege

HSC
i'm aiming for 85 in this subject. My current rank is 12/70

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
anything above 85 should probably exempt you from scaling.
anything below that and youre fucked

~untitled~

HSC
You really needa be in the top 10% of the state, or your screwed!:bomb:
aiming 95%, current rank 2/80

lilmissloz

HSC
I'm 12th too...lol.
I dropped from Mathematics because I majorly sucked at it. I'm liking General because it's basically the stuff you did in years 9 & 10.

Grim.Reaper

Banned
HSC
N/A
jemsta said:
anything above 85 should probably exempt you from scaling.
anything below that and youre fucked
no that is incorrect.

I type in a mark of 78 in SAM along with my other makrs and get 87.75. then i change it to 82 and get 88.15.

It doesn't make much of a difference so getting a high band 4 should mean you are safe.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
http://www.boredofstudies.org/scaledmeans.php
thats to the OP

grim: it really depends from year to year, but you would obviously want a high mark just to be on the safe side...and 78 isnt high at all.
plus that also depends on how you go in your other 8 units worth of subjects...if you go good in that then there will be very little difference in the UAI when you have a general maths mark difference of only 4.
you do 10 units just out of curiousity?

yasmine2007

HSC
am i stuffed too... i came 5th out of 37 people with only 75% the highest was 80% :pain:

vonny

HSC
I think if you get high marks in it you'll be alright.

I'm aiming to get in the 90's for it. I'll be able to, 'cause it's so easy compared to Advanced.

I'm currently coming 2/88. Ahhh..I want to bump my rank up.

over9k

HSC
does ipt get scaled less than gen maths?
cause whenever i put ipt with genmaths with the same points, ipt never counts
hmmm.. what to drop, what to drop... ?__________?

jason21

HSC
i just hope i don't flunk out in the exam hahaha. I'm coming 1st out of about 77 i think on 92.8% average

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
over9k said:
does ipt get scaled less than gen maths?
cause whenever i put ipt with genmaths with the same points, ipt never counts
hmmm.. what to drop, what to drop... ?__________?
http://www.boredofstudies.org/scaledmeans.php
have a look there....its a bit old but it should give a fair indication as to which subjects scale positively or negatively.
dont drop a subject just because it has shit scaling. only drop if youre struggling in that subject.

jason21 said:
i just hope i don't flunk out in the exam hahaha. I'm coming 1st out of about 77 i think on 92.8% average
youre doing really well. Chances are that youll do exceptionally well in the hsc exam
keep working hard and youll get there
gl

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
jason21 said:
Considering the difficulty of last year's paper, It's almost a guarantee that the 2007 one will be easy, as they switch around the difficulties based on how well the candidates do in the previous year. Don't believe me? Look at the trend.

williamc

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
Considering the difficulty of last year's paper, It's almost a guarantee that the 2007 one will be easy, as they switch around the difficulties based on how well the candidates do in the previous year. Don't believe me? Look at the trend.
That doesn't matter because then they will (should) align the bands according to the higher marks, and scaling won't change unless the the overall candititure of students improves.

williamc

HSC
noir. said:
well im ranked 2nd out of 37 people, and i really dont know what to expect since im averaging 77% [difficult and neverending assessments]. Our cohort is also really bad - only 10 people passed the last assessment we had...

Should I be worried?
Your ranked second which pretty much means you nearly got control of your hsc mark. I don't really know the difficulty or average mark for general, but 77% in difficult and never ending tests should mean you atleast understand the content and how to apply it. I don't think you need to worry. Try and rank first in the trials, meaning your HSC mark will be determined by how well you do in the HSC exam.

beckhamilton13

HSC
I'm finding general maths fairly straight forward, i dropped down from 2 unit recently.
but because i didnt do general in year 11 there are a lot of things that i missed out on which sucks.
i wish i started out doing general. im ranked averagely(does that make sense haha) in my class at the moment but im hoping to bunp that up..although there isnt much time left

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)