Scared... (1 Viewer)

asymptote

I am going to do my HSC next year.
I am so scared. How do ppl get such high marks in late 80's and 90's.
n i want a UAI above 90...:( :confused:

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
just try ur hardest, study, be organised and you'll surprise urself

like i did!!!

hornet

Originally posted by Christine
don't be scared just work your ass off
Perfect truthful advice. Most of the 2002 hsc students who got good marks (whatever ur definiton of good is), did it because they worked their respective asses off :)

Put the work in, and you'll get there. Keep focused. Try and have a goal (eg... "Wow I REALLY wanna get into this course, 90.00, I can do it!" - helps so much). I was set for a UAI of 60 around year 10 at the rate of work i was doing and marks I was getting respective to my grade. At the end of year 10, I figured out what I wanted to do... and realised I needed 85 to do it. Worked hard in year 11, and I was set for 85. Then at the beginning of year 12, I had a change of heart, and needed 91. So, I worked my ass off, and now the chances look good (96 says lazseeker, but I'll take that with all the worlds salt supplies).

Work at it, and u can get there!

asl2

i think i might have done somethign stupid... :(

in year 11 i did...

3u Maths
2u Standard English
2u Physics
2u Biology
2u IT VET (ONLINE)
1u Studies of Religion
-----------------------------
2u Web Site Development and Production (1 year)
----------------------------------------------------

Now... in year 12 i'm doing...

2u Maths
2u Standard English
2u Physics
2u Biology
2u IT VET (ONLINE)
1u Studies of Religion

i wanna do dentistry after my HSC... but in melbourne you need 96 and in quensland u need 99... have i already *ucked my self up?? i don't think i can get a uai of even 90 with these subjects..

thx
Ajit

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by asl2

----------------------------------------------------

Now... in year 12 i'm doing...

2u Maths
2u Standard English
2u Physics
2u Biology
2u IT VET (ONLINE)
1u Studies of Religion

i wanna do dentistry after my HSC... but in melbourne you need 96 and in quensland u need 99... have i already *ucked my self up?? i don't think i can get a uai of even 90 with these subjects..

thx
Ajit
I don't know what UAI you need for dentistry, do you get into med first and then choose it? I think your subjects don't scale all that well, but it's still possible to get over 90 UAI I think. Have a go with lazseeker testing your expected percentiles.

If you can I would suggest taking 3U maths, if you can do better than average the scaling will help you.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
The only problem with your courses may be Standard English. Doing that subject gives you maximum UAI of 99.something, instead of the full 100, so getting 99+ if you wanted to do dentistry at Queensland will be tough. :(

You can definately get above 90 if you work though, even if they don't all scale well. I think physics gets scaled up quite a bit...so if you do well in that, you'll be off to a good start!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
as everyone has said ... work ... work ... work ... that about the best advice around ... if your just aiming 90+ then standard english is fine ...

Shocker_85

i wanna do dentistry as well..
n i do da following subjects

3u Maths
Standard English
Business Studies
Chem
Physics

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i was going to start a thread just like this :p

seriously i bet this coming year will move really fast and the hsc for 03 will be there in a blink of an eye...
i have no idea how im going to get into my course... i wanna do commerce or something similar but it seems the demand for these courses are huge...so the requirements will most likely be increased...
*waits for sympathy*

and also for the yr12 '02' did you guys start studying in the summer holidays? as in about 1 year ago? im not sure if i should be putting work into school now?

MiKeY

HSC
Originally posted by Orange Juice
and also for the yr12 '02' did you guys start studying in the summer holidays? as in about 1 year ago? im not sure if i should be putting work into school now?
LoL..
I agree..

I have no idea if I should be studying already or not..

I am, however, reading my English texts these holidays.. is that enough?
*hopes so*. . lol :)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
well my english teacher said i should be reading all the text and watchin the movies...ill be doing that..
and we even got holiday homework we gotta hand in DURING the holidays

btw can someone teach how to quote someone? :)

MiKeY

HSC
Originally posted by Orange Juice
well my english teacher said i should be reading all the text and watchin the movies...ill be doing that..
and we even got holiday homework we gotta hand in DURING the holidays

btw can someone teach how to quote someone? :)
lol.. yeh

You press the 'Quote' button under the post that you want to quote.
It's a small button on the bottom right side of the post.

You have to hand in work during the holidays?
Damn, poor you.
LoL.. I have to imagine I'm a migrant in 'Crossing the red sea' poem (AOS - Skrzynecki) and write to someone back home.
Should be fun. :p

To people who have already done the hsc - should I be 'studying' or making notes or something already? LoL :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)