Scholarship Documents (1 Viewer)

Luke322

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm going to apply for a few scholarships (academic ones) and just wanted to know what documents are required for the application.

dasfas

HSC
Academic Transcript, Personal Statement (or just answering their questions ie. highlight why you deserve the scholarship), sometimes Letters of Recomendation

specificagent1

HSC
why dont you just check with the specific scholarship you're applying for

Luke322

HSC
Academic Transcript, Personal Statement (or just answering their questions ie. highlight why you deserve the scholarship), sometimes Letters of Recomendation
If I've already completed a number of units, should that then be my HSC marks?

dasfas

HSC
If I've already completed a number of units, should that then be my HSC marks?
Not really, I mean you can include it, but what they really want is your trials marks/report card/teacher comments.

Most people don't have HSC exam marks at this time.

Luke322

HSC
Not really, I mean you can include it, but what they really want is your trials marks/report card/teacher comments.

Cool cheers

specificagent1

HSC

wait, is op already in uni?

dasfas

HSC
wait, is op already in uni?
Oh mb, I thought he was talking about accelerated marks.

What scholarship are you applying for? If it isn't for school graduates, they'd likely want your uni transcript and not really care about your HSC/report card in that case

Luke322

HSC
Sorry this is for undergrad 2022 general merit scholarship or the business school one.

dasfas

HSC
Sorry this is for undergrad 2022 general merit scholarship or the business school one.
Oh lmao, you gotta be way more specific next time

idk if you can get the undergrad 2022 because it seems to be only for school leavers, not those who already are at uni

Luke322

HSC
Oh lmao, you gotta be way more specific next time

idk if you can get the undergrad 2022 because it seems to be only for school leavers, not those who already are at uni
k cool sorry for the confusion

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
It varies with each uni. Generally speaking there aren't any scholarships that are solely academic (aside from the ones that are like for a 99.90+ ATAR). Most of the ones stated as academic you still need to answer a range of questions from my experience at applying at UNSW. These questions included things like any significant activities or projects you undertook and extracurriculars. This was part of the application for basically all the scholarships aside from the Coop ones. Then you have to answer specific questions for certain scholarships.

Documentation for high school leavers (i.e. year 12 students):
- Latest school report
- Trial marks
- Any accelerated HSC makrs

Documentation for students already at uni, is usually these from my experience applying for a research scholarship:
- Resume
- Academic transcript

But that will vary for each type they will tell you what's needed.

To answer this specific one, you can't apply for this as an undergraduate already at uni. It's only available for high school leavers (Year 12 students finishing HSC in 2021 and commencing study at uni in 2022) which is indicated by this bit, where it has the blue logo (H).
1631444136238.png

Unfortunately there aren't really man scholarships available for students who are already at uni. The ones commonly offered here are like either research scholarships (for a short 2 month project to get research exposure) or similar to do with industry experience in other degrees. This is because the purpose of the scholarship from the point of view of the uni is a way to attract the best possible students graduating from high school into their courses by providing an incentive to join their uni. If you are already enrolled at the uni, then there isn't really any benefit for them to offer scholarships here because the student has already enrolled into the uni. There are however monetary prizes in many subjects for best performance in a particular course, where you win somewhere around $500-1000 dollars.

However, maybe there are some scholarships available for people already at the uni. If you want to filter specifically for these, when you search you should select the 'scholarships for' tab and select what's relevant to you.
1631444431733.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)