Scholarships (1 Viewer)

Joga Bonito

HSC
Has anyone received offers for the 5k a year scholarship? It says on theirwebsite that candidates are autommatically considered, but it doesn't say when it mightbe offered, does anyone know?

Simo91

HSC
I got an email from UWS after I asked about the scholarship and they said scholarships are using given in around February.

Joga Bonito

HSC
what was the name of the scholarship you got offered?
i am asking about the one where they give it to you for academic excellence (ATAR)

Joga Bonito

HSC
Are you serious? because i noticed that my ATAR is higher than yours, yet i havent received an offer

Stephie-Rae

HSC
Oh, that's weird. Do you have UWS in your top 3 preferences and live in the Greater Western Sydney area? Cause i think that's the only other criteria. If so then maybe just call the uni and ask why you wouldn't of got an offer, maybe your email just didn't go through or something?

diametric

HSC
My ATAR is also higher than yours (98.05) and UWS is my second preference, and yes, I have lived in Greater Western Sydney for more than five years, and have received no contact from UWS about the Academic Excellence scholarship. Perhaps because I'm applying to medicine (different selection criteria), it's different?

Joga Bonito

HSC
hmm thats wierd, I received an ATAR of 97.95, UWS is in my top three preferences, and I have lived in GWS for quite a while now. i think ill call up tomorow

Lara1986

HSC
Back in 2004/5 i remember i found out about scholarships a fortnight or so before the official results were released?

But i recall that frinds found out at different times depending on what scholarship they were receiving.

If you want to be sure, best bet is to call the uni and ask :)

Good luck to all of you btw:)

kateemily

HSC
does anyone know in regards to the academic exellence and the deans scholars scholarships, whether EAS points are counted? or whether they are only counted for ur entrance score and not scholarship? because obviously, if they did count, id have a better chance but ive got no idea. does anyone know?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
^ Apparently they don't count, this was when I applied a number of years ago it may have changed. I've you've got over 90 i'd say your in with a good change. Are you going for B. Nursing (Adv) at UWS Hawkesbury?

My ATAR is also higher than yours (98.05) and UWS is my second preference, and yes, I have lived in Greater Western Sydney for more than five years, and have received no contact from UWS about the Academic Excellence scholarship. Perhaps because I'm applying to medicine (different selection criteria), it's different?
The scholarships don't apply to medicine, etc since you already satisfy the criteria. They can't give scholarships to everyone in med! There are additional rules to qualify for scholarships in med, like you must be one of the top 3 from your school, etc. You'll have to look into it yourself.

kateemily

HSC
^ Apparently they don't count, this was when I applied a number of years ago it may have changed. I've you've got over 90 i'd say your in with a good change. Are you going for B. Nursing (Adv) at UWS Hawkesbury?
i had a feeling they wouldnt. alas ill just hope for the vice chancellors one.
yes but at parra campus :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)