Scholarships (1 Viewer)

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Hey, Im just wondering how everyone who applied went with their scholarships?? I got the CECS and it was supposed to be paid in March. I rang UWS cuz Im waiting on it to pay fees, etc and some rude b**** told me that they had "missed the March monthly payment so they would be given at the end of April" So Im like well I cant afford to pay back money for textbooks so Im not paying fees either till then. lol. But I am really relying on this money coming through to pay for stuff, I mean whats the point if they're leaving it until after youve already had to buy everything to give you money to help pay for it??
I am appreciative, I just dont like the system

Anyone else gettin a scholarship???

Lu Lu

HSC
I know what you mean I got a CAS scholarship for my accommodation and I had already paid for my accommodation before I found out. The money for my accommodation would have been good for my hecs. Anyway lucky to get it I guess.

L

LaraB

i got a UWS acaedmic excellence one and Blacktiown Coucnil UWS academic one..still waiting on both which means im out $5000 this semester atm...

both were told initiaaly should be paid by march... but its actually end of april

nto sure if it was an admin screw up, because scholarships are not handed over til after the hecs date , ie 8 weeks into semester, so it would be imposible for it to be given in march...

plus, my bro got scholarshpis last year n said he was todl March at 1st, but its always actually April..

dont stress - long as you've gotten confirmation they cant not give you it so it'll come soon:)

and btw - if urs is like mine and is half per semester, then dont expect to get 2nd semester payments til at least september

if it gets to be a few weeks on and you still havent gotten it, give all call to/ email to :

Pat McKinley - she's the schoarships liason type person and she's always been really helpful, if you've met her in person too she remembers you.,.kinda scary lol but yeah she's always really helpful - p.mckinley@uws.edu.au

otherwise, Prue Greco - she's one of teh main scholarshpis officers - P.Greco@uws.edu.au

kitty28

I've got a CEC scholarship. I sent an email last week to the Graduation & Scholarships officer, Margaret Simms and she told me that people should be receiving their money from 21st April (today).
I'm happy that I got the scholarship but it doesn't make sense why they can't at least pay you before the census dates. I know its not compulsory to pay HECS right now, but I wanted to pay at least $500. So I borrowed the money from my dad and I have to pay him back when the money arrives.

L

LaraB

Eowyn said:
I've got a CEC scholarship. I sent an email last week to the Graduation & Scholarships officer, Margaret Simms and she told me that people should be receiving their money from 21st April (today).
I'm happy that I got the scholarship but it doesn't make sense why they can't at least pay you before the census dates. I know its not compulsory to pay HECS right now, but I wanted to pay at least $500. So I borrowed the money from my dad and I have to pay him back when the money arrives.
its silly but quite a simple explanation -

in the past, peopel have gotten the scholarhip money then quit uni and it was too hard to get hte money back from them

so now, instead they just wait til the hecs date so you've actually been at uni n racked up a hecs debt or whatever coz that way you cant just get the money for nothin

silly tho given some people really need the money to get thru those first few weeks of text books n student fees n transport etc etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)