Scholarships (1 Viewer)

always_smile

HSC
First of all congratulations to all of those people who have received early entry into UNE. Good luck to those who want UNE in their main round offers. I just want to know how many people have received scholarships yet. I have received two, one worth $25000 and the other worth $12500 for UNE. However, i am not going to UNE and i have turned them down. I could of only received one or the other. I am really happy that i got them but i prefer the course offered at CSU and took that. Good Luck to all of those who got into UNE or who will get into UNE in the main round offer with your future studies.

jesscookie

HSC
always_smile said:
Yes i got accepted into Bachelor of Natural Resources, Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning and a double degree in these courses. i also received a letter saying that i got a $5000 schloarship for next year. I may have to turn it down. i got into CSU as well.

where does your $5000 one fit into those?

Sorry to not believe you, but i am a bit sceptical, i rang UNE today and i wrote an email to UAC and they both said that scholarships are awarded and students will know if they have been successful in recieving one on the 23rd of january.....so i dunno....

jesscookie

HSC
yes, im with inlalaland... also, arent you only eligable for one scholarship in total? (if i am wrong, will offer sincere apology)

kezryn

HSC
yea it sounds abit weird. it seems annoying that u got those scholarships (if u did) and ur not even going to UNE when someone else that really wants to go coulda got them.

always_smile

HSC
I was going to go to UNE but decided not to since i have been accepted into CSU. I did get those scholarships. What you get is a letter saying that you have been offered them and then you have to sign a piece of paper saying whether you want it or not. If not you give an optional reason why. I turned them down because i could not afford to go after my dad losing his job and mum sick. UNE said that they heve sent out haf of these sort of scolrship letters before the UEI is released. You dont receive payment until Janurary 30th of something. These are letters outlining the offer of a scolarship. These are country scholarships by the way since i live in Dubbo. The $5000 scholarship is for 5 years which totals 25000. since the course that i would have done is 5 years. Just remeber these are country scholarships. By the way CSU is closer to home. I did really want to go to UNE but because of family stuff i cannot. sorry to be such bother.

blue16

HSC
N/A
always_smile said:
I was going to go to UNE but decided not to since i have been accepted into CSU. I did get those scholarships. What you get is a letter saying that you have been offered them and then you have to sign a piece of paper saying whether you want it or not. If not you give an optional reason why. I turned them down because i could not afford to go after my dad losing his job and mum sick. UNE said that they heve sent out haf of these sort of scolrship letters before the UEI is released. You dont receive payment until Janurary 30th of something. These are letters outlining the offer of a scolarship. These are country scholarships by the way since i live in Dubbo. The $5000 scholarship is for 5 years which totals 25000. since the course that i would have done is 5 years. Just remeber these are country scholarships. By the way CSU is closer to home. I did really want to go to UNE but because of family stuff i cannot. sorry to be such bother.
My friend has also received a letter about being offered a scholarship to UNE last week. It is for 3000 a year for 3 years. So i believe that you have received the letter. She also had to fill in a slip of paper and send it away. My friend is also turning the scholarship down because she wants to travel. she did want to go to une when she applied for those scholarships but just changed her mind. good luck in whatever you do. i hope to get in USYD. i hope everybody gets into what they want.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
there are huge demands for town planners everywhere... lots of people get jobs even 1 year into the course cos thats how much they are in demand..

and the BURP/BNatRes double degree is an awesome one with great job prospects

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
there are huge demands for town planners everywhere... lots of people get jobs even 1 year into the course cos thats how much they are in demand..

and the BURP/BNatRes double degree is an awesome one with great job prospects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)