school assesment rank (1 Viewer)

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
im sure many of you have gotten a letter regarding our school assessment ranks which willl be released tomorow..

well i just wanted to clarify one thing.

is it possible for me to get a uai of 85+, with (assuming) my school assesment rankings being..

adv math 2/12
bio 4/24
chem 2/8
phys =2nd/6
english 24/36 <<:(

Our school ranking is 5XX, not sure if that has much effect, although, this is the smartest cohort ever entered in our school, so our school rank is likely jump a fair bit.

my assesment marks are all band 5's and bio being band 6, and english is around the band 4 range.

everyone (other than english) who is beating me rank wise, WILL get a band 6.

My esimated aligned marks for each HSC exam are ..

maths - band 6
bio - band 6
chem mid-band 5 to possible band 6 depending on aligning
phys - band 5 depending on aligning, if not, high band 4
english - close to band 5, if not, band 5

im hoping i wont be dissapointed...

anyway thanks a heap

savio23q

Band
HSC
Yes, it's very possible for you to get 85+

Oh and btw, don't we also get our actual internal mark? or just ranks...?

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
Well, i remember when i asked my teachers what my internal assesment marks are, they said they're not allowed to tell. so i kept bugging them until they told me the band at least. so im not reallly sure sorry :(

thanks on the reply though, fingers crossed for 85+

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
Well i dont think so, since there are very little people in you classes and your english is not that great either, and english is the one that is most important since everybody across the whole state does journeys, i will reckon u will get 70-80 but not 85, since there are about 6XX schools and yours is 5XX is really bad.

savio23q

Band
HSC
Arowana21 said:
Well i dont think so, since there are very little people in you classes and your english is not that great either, and english is the one that is most important since everybody across the whole state does journeys, i will reckon u will get 70-80 but not 85, since there are about 6XX schools and yours is 5XX is really bad.
Dude...you're way off.
This kid has massive potential for mid 80's and even 90's.
If his external marks are good (band 5's and 6's), 90+ isn't unlikely.

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
@@ itwas 5XX last year, and last year wasn't too bright. we're the brightest apparently..oh i have a "thought" experiment...

get the 2 top james ruse students, and throw em in my school. the amount of ppl in each class wont change. minus english, lets not include that.

both these students will be 1st and 2nd in the classes even tho the class sizes are small.

they will still get 99+ right?

EDIT: i know they will get straight band 6 or w/e, but im not tlking about that, im tlking about school rank and uhh class size

Last edited:
HSC
syriangabsta said:
@@ itwas 5XX last year, and last year wasn't too bright. we're the brightest apparently..oh i have a "thought" experiment...

get the 2 top james ruse students, and throw em in my school. the amount of ppl in each class wont change. minus english, lets not include that.

both these students will be 1st and 2nd in the classes even tho the class sizes are small.

they will still get 99+ right?

EDIT: i know they will get straight band 6 or w/e, but im not tlking about that, im tlking about school rank and uhh class size
it was ranked 580 last year. dont worry gab i read 1 of ur earlier posts n it said that u were gonna get a uai of 95-100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)