School Attendance (1 Viewer)

michael1990

HSC
Re: Absent Days In Year 12

I think i have 100% attendance.

But my stupid Roll Call teacher, he marked me away on the first day and wont fix it?

He wants me to go to every one of my teachers get them to sign this form to say i was here and then take it to the office. MORON!

He made the mistake.

But its okay, we don't get on in Roll Call and i make it difficult for him.

~Fire Jade~

HSC

michael1990 said:
I think i have 100% attendance.

But my stupid Roll Call teacher, he marked me away on the first day and wont fix it?

He wants me to go to every one of my teachers get them to sign this form to say i was here and then take it to the office. MORON!

He made the mistake.
Hahahaha... That's happened to me too...I bugged a teacher to get them to sign a form at lunch and they got really grumpy and exploded like an atomic bomb at me....lols :burn:

justmeme

HSC
N/A

might take a day here or a day there off if i need to when i can feel myself burning out.

fairly ok with catching up though as its only one day.

HSC

i haven't missed any. last year most of the days i missed were from going to concerts the day before, so this year i've limited myself to one. and it's exactly a week before my HSC speaking exam for italian.

notaaron

HSC

russianROULETTE said:
i haven't missed any. last year most of the days i missed were from going to concerts the day before, so this year i've limited myself to one. and it's exactly a week before my HSC speaking exam for italian.
what concert?

notaaron

HSC

missing heaps next term

3-11 may perth for tennis.

13 -17 may tennis

Thats like two full weeks, darn.

Muz4PM

HSC

notaaron said:
missing heaps next term

3-11 may perth for tennis.

13 -17 may tennis

Thats like two full weeks, darn.
Fark. I have missed like five in the two terms of Year 12. Catching up on work is what's the killer, and two weeks of work, good luck catching up.

notaaron

HSC

Muz4PM said:
Fark. I have missed like five in the two terms of Year 12. Catching up on work is what's the killer, and two weeks of work, good luck catching up.
thanks mate, i will probably take some with me, i will need to aye.

HSC

notaaron said:
what concert?
panic at the disco. but i wouldn't be going if the support bands weren't awesome, cause i don't like their new album that much.

L-esky

HSC

I've only missed a couple of days since the start of year 12 and they've only been for school things like if I've had to go on an excursion for a subject. I usually just steal my friend's books the next day and photocopy what I've missed and then check with the teachers if I don't get something. Although, I already know that I'll be missing a few days in next term which scares me because I don't know if I'll have the time to catch up properly.

trento654

HSC

i've had bout almost every friday off and not even on purpose, missed so much biology

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC

Term 4 last year, I missed heaps.
I felt pretty burnt out after the prelims, and then I got my wisdom teeth out, so had about a week off for that.
Which isn't great.

And got tonsilitis this term, so had about a week off for that also.

And a couple of other days here and there; like the two days at the start of this term before half yearlies started- it was so useless!

Most of the grade stayed home to study lol.

riseagainst90

HSC
i have currently been signed out of year 12, with NO WRITTEN WARNING at all, no verbal warning even, and without my permission, due to lack of attendance. Now my principal is considering not letting me back becuase apparently to get your HSC an 85% attendance record is needed. I cannot find anywhere on the board of studies website saying this, or ANYWHERE the only info i can find is this input:

"Attendance requirements for students in Years 11 and 12
For post-compulsory school-aged students, principals may determine an appropriate attendance
pattern(s) that will allow each student to achieve the outcomes of each course being studied.
Students whose attendance is called into question will be required to prove to the principal’s
satisfaction, following a review of their performance, that they are meeting the course completion
criteria.
Principals must give students early written warning of the consequences of absences in terms of
course completion criteria."

again i was given no written warning at all! This cant possibly be allowed can it?? If anyone knows info on that 85% bullshit or any input on this matter let me know, showing evidence of the 85% if possible

jessyy

HSC
well i always thought it was around the 90% mark that you needed for attendence(different schools have different expectations so its entirely up to the principal/executive team i guess.). Maybe you have fucked up something shocking and they just want you out of the school.

riseagainst90

HSC
thing is though, i am well on top of my assesments and actually top or very close to top of class in most subjects, and its not a behavioural problem

jessyy

HSC
are you one of those kids who wag majority of the time? i know plently of kids who are good in class but think they are all hardcore and wag every day.

riseagainst90

HSC
wtf

thats fully off topic and got nothign to do with anything, stop wasting my time

HSC
Dude, wtf.

Honestly my friends all had like 60 % attendance for some subjects last year.

I dont think its legal to sign you out of a HSC if your attendance isnt good. That is, for public schools. Also, there is a difference between 'isnt good' and attendance being virtually non existant.

riseagainst90

HSC
yeah man thats what i thought!
my attendance isnt even that bad, its sitting on about 75%, i know its lazy, but they cant sign me out of school for that, and yes it is a public school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)