School captaincy speeches (1 Viewer)

kris2fa

HSC
hey, im about 2 start my school captaincy 2moro, didnt have 2 say a speech though, just an intense leadership camp then interview process. my advice 2 u is just be urself, be funny but dont try 2 hard and dont take urslef 2 seriously. oh and remember noone likes a bragger! would probly be a good idea to make a bunch of appealing promises too! goodluck!

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
kris2fa said:
would probly be a good idea to make a bunch of appealing promises too!
Oh fuck no. I keep on seeing people encourage this, DO NOT FOLLOW THIS FOOLISH ADVICE. Most people can smell the bullshit from a mile away. Being school captain gives you a bit of responsibility but not an awful lot of power and it's doubtful any one captain can promise enough 'change' to keep the masses happy.

So don't do it.

k.

jortari

jumanji!
HSC
i have the same problem, i want to make my speech funny lol
but i cant think of many good funny things to add
any ideas??!
haha
thanks!

Muz4PM

HSC
.x.Cookie.x. said:
We had our school captain speeches last friday, and voted the Monday after.
My english teacher told me yesterday that i had been beaten by 4 votes. =[
You should have demanded a recount lol.

Muz4PM

HSC
Has anyone actually won/lost their captaincy on a recount?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
well, one of our prefects in my year got in by a vote, which sounded dubious to me. i doubt they would recount the votes for something so insignificant. if the school capt had a say in the school's funding, then maybe.

beckaa

HSC
woahh. i'm thinking that what you wrote in your speeches should have depended upon what the school expected.

one of our vice captains now got up and said i'm a man of few words and pretended to sit down and thenn said you won't vote for me your scared. everyone thought it was hilariousss.
but we had the choice of impro interviews at the end of our speeches and he did thatt.

our school goess insanee. people made tshirts saying vote for them and stickers with logos and everyoneee has posters.

i reckon you should get to see the votes though, like a graph of how everyone did. it'd be maddd.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
After 5 years together, I didn't really base my vote on the speech but on the candidate's personality. however, I do go to a fairly small school but even so with a large school you should have some gist of what the candidates are like.
But anyway I think the most important things are to speak well and be confident. As captains do a lot of speeches and communication within the school, you should vote for someone who can do it!

babee

HSC
:spzz:would u stop swearing ?
it ain't gonnna make it any bettaaa..

well, that shows how poor YOUR general knowledge is..

:shoot::chainsaw::headbang::ninja::evilfire:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)