School Captains can apply for more UAI points (1 Viewer)

LiLLy_H

Hey!

I was just wondering if this was true? Some people in my school applied for the SRC in hopes that becoming School Captain would add extra points/marks to their UAI. I think this is ridicualous and just wondering if this is true.

Thanks

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i worked damn hard for my SRC, moreso than anyone, even the captains, but it was something i did out of choice, to better the school environment for everyone, not to gain a few bonus points on my uai.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
My best friend she is a school captain, she wont get any extra points (i asked her) but she applied for sholarship, being a school captain it help her to get it

Last edited:

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
My best friend she is a school captain, she wont get any extra points (i asked her) but she applied for sholarship, being a school captain it help her to get it
mm very ture
plus if the first post were true, i'll PAY them t make me school captiain to rig the votes :D:D:D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah of course school captain has its benefits, for scholarships, etc. but no, they don't get extra points

LiLLy_H

Thanks for all your advice.
If school captains did recieve extra points I think I would personally write to the Board of Studies or Education thing and tell them off because it is reidiculous, outrageous, completely unfair.
Thanks again

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by LiLLy_H
Thanks for all your advice.
If school captains did recieve extra points I think I would personally write to the Board of Studies or Education thing and tell them off because it is reidiculous, outrageous, completely unfair.
Thanks again
lolz, i can't believe the kids in ya skool, actually made u believe believe (or atleast have doubt) that non sense. :p

LiLLy_H

Originally posted by freaking_out
lolz, i can't believe the kids in ya skool, actually made u believe believe (or atleast have doubt) that non sense. :p
Hey they must have heard it from somewhere. They couldn't have just made it up because they really wanted the position. Lol. I will try never to believe anything that sounds too ridiculous next time. Lol.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by LiLLy_H
Hey they must have heard it from somewhere. They couldn't have just made it up because they really wanted the position. Lol. I will try never to believe anything that sounds too ridiculous next time. Lol.
LOL you sound like a lot of fun.

Are you a brunette? :shy:

(I am kidding everyone :p)

s2ophie

HSC
"Sure have more UAI points because you won a popularity contest..."

BowTrUcKle

Often found in Scandinavian forests around Europe
I don't know if this happens at other schools, but basically students are in the SRC because they're popular. Teachers vote as well, but the students don't think about 'who is able to the job the best, or who is most able to cope with teh responsibilities' but 'who is the most popular is'. That's why I never really want to nominate myself..what's the point?

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
mayb if u r a schoolcaptain... u can apply for disadvantage cos u'd have all these committments... tho that sounds a lil weak...

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by BowTrUcKle
I don't know if this happens at other schools, but basically students are in the SRC because they're popular. Teachers vote as well, but the students don't think about 'who is able to the job the best, or who is most able to cope with teh responsibilities' but 'who is the most popular is'. That's why I never really want to nominate myself..what's the point?
at my (old!) school, SRC was a blend of popularity and people who deserved it. However a lot of popular people went on SRC later onin the stage as a way of beefing up their resume.

Also at our school, you don't have to be on SRC to be captain.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah src/captains was half half. some people deserved it, some were popular (big group = more votes = a position)
Originally posted by rukawasan
mayb if u r a schoolcaptain... u can apply for disadvantage cos u'd have all these committments... tho that sounds a lil weak...
yeah they chose to be a captain, they can't because then maybe the people who do 15 units should apply for disadvantage (but yes, that is their choice as well so they can't)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
umm.. never heard of such things... but I do know that if you in SRC, prefects, and are school captains etc it'll look really good in your resume and really great for scholarships and other award schemes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)