School Captains can apply for more UAI points (1 Viewer)

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
zahid said:
let me assure that it is certainly not the case in our school. I was voted school captain due to my commitment and passion for my school and community. I had to work my ass off to get school captain. I was a member of School SRC and district SRC and also did State SRC for a year, I was the NSW Police youth liason officer for a year and also worked on a Environmental Resolution and developed a State wide HELP team ( High School Environmental Leaders Program).

I really pisses me off when ppl say that captains were voted in because they are popular, this may certainly be the case in some circumstances but not always true.
I agree. I worked my arse off to get Captain. Anyone who says they are all from the popular vote is a fuck head. Our prefects are elected by the students, then from the prefects a panel choose the captains and vice captains, so its not rigged.

Anyone who says they are all Mr. or Miss. Popularity know nothing about it. They are simply jealous of others success...get in and do something.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
I agree. I worked my arse off to get Captain. Anyone who says they are all from the popular vote is a fuck head. Our prefects are elected by the students, then from the prefects a panel choose the captains and vice captains, so its not rigged.

Anyone who says they are all Mr. or Miss. Popularity know nothing about it. They are simply jealous of others success...get in and do something.

I think i have found my wife...you are female right?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
What do you mean?

Umm i dont really know. But see if we are talking in a political context then everything makes sense.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
zahid said:
Umm i dont really know. But see if we are talking in a political context then everything makes sense.
I still dont understand...its to late. Are you going to this thing with Governor Bashir?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
I still dont understand...its to late. Are you going to this thing with Governor Bashir?

huh...who the hell is governor Bashir?

omg_a

HSC
i went to the school captain thing with marie bashir earlier this year. it's more like a 'become an MP day' than a leadership day. but the governor is really nice, and she answers any questions u ask.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
omg_a said:
i went to the school captain thing with marie bashir earlier this year. it's more like a 'become an MP day' than a leadership day. but the governor is really nice, and she answers any questions u ask.
Ok, what actually happened? Like a blow-by-blow account.

omg_a

HSC
we turned up at state parliament, all were sent down steps to some sort of a conference room where a man and a woman who work at parliament house (ie not politicians) started talking about what we would be doing. then they asked if everyone had registered to vote (ok, i guess it is an election year). but this then developed into a massive lecture on the importyance of voting, why are young people apathetic and then how to become a politician for about half an hour. all rather strange. no mention of leadership at all. then we got morning tea and were split up into groups to go on a tour of the building. paliament was actually sitting that day and my group got to see question time in the lower house which was very funny. ummm then we had lunch i think. we then went to the state library for a bit, then walked through the botanical gardens to government house which is pretty much a castle with fantastic views of the harbour. we got a tour, then marie bashir came and talked to us, had afternoon tea with her and her husband (he's a qc) and that was it. it was good...but not really leadersip-y. oh and the governor loves to talk about australian history.

when are you going?? i think they have about 4 during the year.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
omg_a said:
we turned up at state parliament, all were sent down steps to some sort of a conference room where a man and a woman who work at parliament house (ie not politicians) started talking about what we would be doing. then they asked if everyone had registered to vote (ok, i guess it is an election year). but this then developed into a massive lecture on the importyance of voting, why are young people apathetic and then how to become a politician for about half an hour. all rather strange. no mention of leadership at all. then we got morning tea and were split up into groups to go on a tour of the building. paliament was actually sitting that day and my group got to see question time in the lower house which was very funny. ummm then we had lunch i think. we then went to the state library for a bit, then walked through the botanical gardens to government house which is pretty much a castle with fantastic views of the harbour. we got a tour, then marie bashir came and talked to us, had afternoon tea with her and her husband (he's a qc) and that was it. it was good...but not really leadersip-y. oh and the governor loves to talk about australian history.

when are you going?? i think they have about 4 during the year.
I don't know when I go...but I hope its soon. I just got told by a few different people that all captains go to it...anyway, it should be good.

Thanks!

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
I don't know when I go...but I hope its soon. I just got told by a few different people that all captains go to it...anyway, it should be good.

Thanks!
did you return your application form?

Murray

Follower of Odin
HSC
LiLLy_H said:
Hey!

I was just wondering if this was true? Some people in my school applied for the SRC in hopes that becoming School Captain would add extra points/marks to their UAI. I think this is ridicualous and just wondering if this is true.

Thanks

I WISH IT BLOODY WAS!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)