School certifcate marks.....*truthfully* (1 Viewer)

HSC
I don't want to seem like some jealous duck, (wtf was up with that analogy) but some people have been doing incredibly great. I know this site is for the elite of the 2013 class but i am finding it incredibly hard to believe that some people scored 100 for 3 subjects.

Please upload a picture of your school certificate marks...and make me believe you. Even if you scored 90+ in everything.

-Warm regards; make me believe
Girlworld_club

and does getting a 88 for science mean I'm going to fail chemistry and bio next year? and by fail i mean not get 95+

x3Reii

HSC
Forget about school certificate. If you're moving on to Year 11 & 12 then the SC would never be looked at again. None of it matters and none of it counts.

And no, you would not "fail" chem or bio. The courses are completely different from Year 10 science. Also, I noticed that you've decided to do standard in your signature. Please don't. It's almost exactly the same course as English Adv and it aligns so much worse.

HSC
I was pushed by all my teachers to do advanced English because of my ranks, but i have the up most distaste for Shakespeare everything! That was the main put-offs! I was looking through your signature, my god, our atar aim is the same and the subjects were doing are really similar. what are u planning on doing when you leave school?

Lina3

HSC
I don't want to seem like some jealous duck, (wtf was up with that analogy) but some people have been doing incredibly great. I know this site is for the elite of the 2013 class but i am finding it incredibly hard to believe that some people scored 100 for 3 subjects.

Please upload a picture of your school certificate marks...and make me believe you. Even if you scored 90+ in everything.

-Warm regards; make me believe
Girlworld_club

and does getting a 88 for science mean I'm going to fail chemistry and bio next year? and by fail i mean not get 95+
I thought that the marks were not raw...a mark in the high 90's could have aligned to 100 in some subjects.

Lina3

HSC
what did u get for school certificate?
me?
They are not that amazing that they need photo proof but my marks are:
History-85
Maths-87
Geography-91
Computer:- 91
Science:-94
English:-94

...overall, lower than I wanted but higher than I deserved.

95-Plus

Temporary
HSC
If you are not already try to pick up on 3 hours of study a day in Year 11 and 4 hours sutdy in Year 12 MINIMUM. (If you are aiming for decent marks in HSC)

Lina3

HSC
If you are not already try to pick up on 3 hours of study a day in Year 11 and 4 hours sutdy in Year 12 MINIMUM. (If you are aiming for decent marks in HSC)
Just wondering, what would be your definition of 'decent'?

Year10er

HSC
My school is getting our results back on Thursday which is our Year 10 Graduation Day.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Seriously, guys, don't stress out about it too much. And don't let it get you down about your year 11 subjects. Just do your best next year and forget about your SC results (its what everyone else does)

HSC
so i'm guessing you didn't study, i studies so much and got less marks than you in science.

Focus is Key

HSC
The thing is for the School Certificate you can't really do much study for Maths or English. Science is really general and can sometimes be difficult to study for (I think you mainly just need to be aware of concepts,laws and stuff) while the History & Geo can be most prepared for. The Geo paper this year was horrible for me because I studied so many other things that didn't even come into play but History was a much easier test because I knew the answers to the questions asked. IDK but I kinda find it hard to 'study' for the SC exactly. That's just me.

HSC
i see where you're coming from, but it's just ridiculous that i spent 1 week studding, while some people where not bothered and smashed my marks big time.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
That's just plain stupid man! I know people who got like band 4 in SC Maths and ended up doing 4U Maths or smashing 2U and/or 3U!
Well if you wanna compare to my results here it is!
English - 83 (I am pretty sure you beat me here and I'm planning to do advanced eng)
Mathematics - 96 (I got 80 in trials)
Science - 90 (I was just super lucky! I got 65 in trials)
Geography - 93 (Honestly, I didn't study much for Geo)
History - 84 (I actually studied 10 times more for history than geo yet I get a lower mark in history)
Computing Skills - 93 (Everyone underestimated this test and called it a joke, which was weird cause I found the test not easy at all)

Seriously man, just relax and cool off during these holidays! You can unleash your real potential in the next 2 years!

enoilgam

HSC
Seriously, guys, don't stress out about it too much. And don't let it get you down about your year 11 subjects. Just do your best next year and forget about your SC results (its what everyone else does)
This. SC = WASTE OF TIME. It tells you nothing about HSC performance.

wildchild666

HSC
That's just plain stupid man! I know people who got like band 4 in SC Maths and ended up doing 4U Maths or smashing 2U and/or 3U!
Well if you wanna compare to my results here it is!
English - 83 (I am pretty sure you beat me here and I'm planning to do advanced eng)
Mathematics - 96 (I got 80 in trials)
Science - 90 (I was just super lucky! I got 65 in trials)
Geography - 93 (Honestly, I didn't study much for Geo)
History - 84 (I actually studied 10 times more for history than geo yet I get a lower mark in history)
Computing Skills - 93 (Everyone underestimated this test and called it a joke, which was weird cause I found the test not easy at all)

Seriously man, just relax and cool off during these holidays! You can unleash your real potential in the next 2 years!
You HAVE to do Advanced English. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)