School Certificate Mandatory science assessment help (1 Viewer)

clusties

I am in year 10 and have my mandatory science assessment coming up. im stuck for ideas. does anybody have some past topics that they may have done when they were in year 10? thankyou

-pari-

HSC
N/A
well...there are quite a few yr 10 assessments...i'm also in yr 10..

maybe if you gave some more info bout what it is, i may be able to help you....

are you talking about the one where over a period of a few weeks you have to conduct your own experiment?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
If you're talking about the "conduct your own experiment", a popular topic is to test the growth of plants when you change variable X - the light, the soil, the fertiliser, the type of pollutant in the soil, etc. Keep in mind that you're not judged on whether your plants actually grow or whatever - it's mainly based on your ability to conduct the experiment and report on it in an appropriate way, and on your ability to discuss what went wrong, why it went wrong, and what you would do next time.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
.....hmmm...actually we're not allowed to do plants coz we did them in yr 8.

also, we have to dicuss our experiment's affect on society technology etc, and the past present furture impacts or sum'in, so that's a bit hard with plants.....

so, i'm stuck for ideas....... :S

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^^^^ u gotta design n carry out an experiment, do the whole thing :bakground hypothesis, method, results, conclusion, discussion...

gotta have a log book of the experiment, etc

in the discussion u have to talk bout ur experimnt n it's impacts on society bla bla blaaa

....yeah....

:)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
Yr 10 I tested "Which brand of toilet paper breaks down the fastest (best for the environment)"

I made up all the results and yeh.... got mostly A's and B's.

HSC
I made one in 2003 (year 10) about batteries lifetime in a torch and got 90% if anyone wants it

HSC
hey i did a really good one i think in yr 8 or 9 on chocolate cake brands... cheap vs expensive, if they actually taste better or not... it was heaps ov fun... we got cheap chocolate cake and expensive and middle and cooked em as the instructions said and then got a few friends to taste test witout telling em which is which... then they told us how good they were n yea...

also last yr... yr 10 i did bread mould... again, cheap vs expensive... make sure if u rgonna do this one you cover the bread coz the mould can be toxic... the white mould esp... this was a good one coz i could take fotos of the changes n also then i knew for my own bread purchases which was better and lasted longer!

babiisapphire

Tennis Fan
HSC
mine was really lame.. but i got 100% for it =] lolz.. (my yr 10 teacher was really nice to me.. maybe a little TOO nice sometimes haha) i just made my cousins skip n recorded their pulse rates then graphed it n chucked in all these info about stuff.. alot of ppl did plants but i think its boring.. my fwend fried some sausages (to test fat content) n she did pretty good as well... hehe just have fun with it lol n goodluck =)

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
I worked out how long the waterproofness takes to wear off certain materials after giving them a couple of coats of waterproof spray. I got like 95% for it. Even though made my log book up the night before due, by using some old paper in the printer and usiong different colour pens and handwriting styles.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
ahh i remember doing this. Mine was on Wether Extra HEavy duty batteries actually last longer than normal ones.

lol and the marking scheme was basically:

Title included (1 mark)
Spelling (1 mark)
Title Page included (1 mark)
Pages numbered (1 mark)

quite silly stuff really.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
zenger69 said:
Yr 10 I tested "Which brand of toilet paper breaks down the fastest (best for the environment)"

I made up all the results and yeh.... got mostly A's and B's.
Same experiement, sort of - which one is weaker. I used a blowtorch using WD40 and a matchstick :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)