• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

School Certificate vs HSC results (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
suma my teachers say that those who get high band 6's in sc are most likely to get uai's close 100 in the future

i know someone who got band 5s in the school certificate but smashed the HSC to get UAI of 99.85

how did everyones sc results compare to their hsc?

HSC
My SC and HSC were pretty different, roughly, but the HSC subjects were all different from the SC. I was doing subjects I enjoyed more in the HSC so I did better.

fakingtheday

HSC
It is a fact universally acknowledged that a young man or woman aspiring to success in the HSC would get one's butt into gear at the start of year 12. It's true the heat does turn up.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
shit then...
i got all band 4s and one band 5 for my SC
thats bad then :(

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Smart_Dunce said:
suma my teachers say that those who get high band 6's in sc are most likely to get uai's close 100 in the future
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Jaydels

HSC
Smart_Dunce said:

i know someone who got band 5s in the school certificate but smashed the HSC to get UAI of 99.85

i hope that's true.....if so i should do alright

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
Listen to fakingtheday. A lot can change between Yr 10 and Yr 12. How you work through senior years shouldn't be based solely on your SC marks, it really is up to you.

I got band 5's and one band 4 for SC (it was the first year that they tested civics/citizenship) and in HSC i got band 5's and 6's. So stop worrying about the school certificate! It probably won't affect your results.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i got all band 6 and one band 5 for the sc.
i did totally crap in the hsc.
it all depends on how much effort you put in!
there are no other generalisations.

0Jade0

HSC
I wish! I got bands 5 & 6 in the SC.... The SC is the biggest waste of time... so glad I didnt study.

wizard146

HSC
0Jade0 said:
I wish! I got bands 5 & 6 in the SC.... The SC is the biggest waste of time... so glad I didnt study.
Same here... I couldn't be bothered about the SC and so I didn't study but got band 5 and 6. So what's the point of studying? Anyway, at my school we do the IGCSE as well, which is lilke the English SC and way harder, so I only studied for that.

brilliance**

just a member.
HSC
N/A
Smart_Dunce said:

[SIZE=-2]baah -- u have retarded teachers....[/SIZE]

Scanorama

HSC
Smart_Dunce said:

I don't think so. The results of SC has little to do with the result in the HSC. Some people in my school got Band 5/6 in their SC, however their UAI are only in the 30s. However some people got Band 1/2/3 in the SC, got a UAI of 70s and 80s.

SC and HSC are two completely different exams. One require extensive studying and one require little to none studying. To get Band 5/6 in the SC is not as hard as getting Band 4/5/6 in the HSC.

It depends on how much effort the person put in Year 12.

IceBreaker

HSC
what you get in the SC does not necessarily reflect what you will get in the HSC, it totally different!!

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
wizard146 said:
at my school we do the IGCSE as well, which is lilke the English SC and way harder, so I only studied for that.
That's the British English system... that's like way harder than the certificate

lala2

Banned
HSC
wizard146 said:
Same here... I couldn't be bothered about the SC and so I didn't study but got band 5 and 6. So what's the point of studying? Anyway, at my school we do the IGCSE as well, which is lilke the English SC and way harder, so I only studied for that.
wizard146, what school did you attend? You must have gone to an international school, if not a British one. IGCSE is the international version of GCSE, isn't it?

arrested development
HSC
I was told by one of my teachers that the SC is essentially a basic skills test and that one only really needs to obtain a general knowledge of each course to do well.

So someone who is naturally intelligent can easily get band 5s and 6s in the SC, but if they don't work hard in the HSC it will not be so easy; and someone of average intelligence who didn't do so well in SC can focus and work hard for the HSC and acheive a really good UAI.

So yeah, they're really different. The SC was so basic, and it has to be so that everyone in the state can at least understand it. I got all marks above 85 (i think it was that), yet I missed months of school due to illness and hospitalisation.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Smart_Dunce said:

yeh i would say its the same scaling
i got band fives in SC and hot band 5's in HSC

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
i got 2 6's 2 5's and a 4 in SC and all 5's and an e3 in HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)