• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

School Certificate vs HSC results (2 Viewers)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Well the 2003 dux at my school was a band 4 student in the SC and in the HSC she was a premiers award 99+ person, so anything can happen.

The HSC and SC test u completely different. Although they both are crappy ways of testing intelligence in my opinion.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i was doing average in the sc, with all band 5s except one band 4, and i sma still am an average student who crams. but i admit there is a huge difference between yrs 10 and 12. anything can happen. i did the bare minimum of study for all my subjects, except science which i studied for, and did the worst in.

wizard146

HSC
lala2 said:
wizard146, what school did you attend? You must have gone to an international school, if not a British one. IGCSE is the international version of GCSE, isn't it?
Nah, we are an Australian school but do the IGCSE as well as the SC. So we had up to 4 exams for each subject (4 English exams, 2 Maths, 2 Science, 3 History, 4 Music, 3 Indonesian!) plus all the SC exams!
IGCSE is like the GCSE but I think you have more choice of subjects in the IGCSE.

Last edited:

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
SC vs HSC rd 1

SC and HSC would be entirely different.
If you get high marks in SC, then:
you know u did the right thing
u might slack off a bit because u thought SC was easy

Low marks in SC:
know that u studied wrong. makes u more determined
used to low marks and cant see the point of getting higher marks

Overall its a win/loss situation. There is no relationship between HSC and SC marks. If you go crap at math in SC you might do general, and recieve B6. If you go crap at science you might not do science, and therefore ur HSC mark will go up overall. The only subject that would be close to ur SC result would be English. English is a subject where first impressions really do count. If you get B5 in SC i reckon you will get around B5 for HSC, unless you radically change ur writing style.

HSC
Indeed because for the maths exam for example, they had ot accomidate for the standard, intermediete and advanced maths sssssss, I was an advanced maths student thats why i killed the exam, the stuff in it was a peice of cake, and i noticed the exam was very easy but they threw slightly challenging ones at the end (too really see who is the good ones)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
I did crap in the SC getting band 2's and 3's a large part of it was because I didn't work much in year 10. But for for the HSC I got a band 2, two band 3's and two band 5's :D So it is true you can be a bum and in the end come out on top. :uhhuh: :cool:

a8o

HSC
I'd say band 6s in the School Certificate without studying would indicate a student with the potential to get a 100 UAI. I got a couple of band 6s, mostly 5. Fingers crossed :p

0Jade0

HSC
I wish it were so. They are totally different things you can't compare them at all.

lfc_reds2003

they are completely diff

a mate of mine got 99 in history for SC and is only doin averagely this yr like middle band 5's so....

me... well i got all b6 in SC so ....... lol

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
The lowest mark I got in the SC was 85. Highest was 94. So all Band 5 and 6.

The lowest mark I got in the HSC was 69. Highest was 95. 1 Band 3, Three Band 5, Two Band six.
UAI was 93.65.

School Certificate can mean Jack Sh*t cause the amount of kids that get off their arse in Year 11 astounds me. I burnt out and got sick of school

unsure

school cetificate is a load of crap i got all band fives with literally no studying. now im in year twelve studying mor than i ever have admitadly still not much maybe 1-2 hours a night, 3 or 4 times week and am struggling to keep up. i gotta study more (hold me im scared)

Lisa_8

HSC
In 2001, three girls at my school got all band 6 for SC. In 2003, they all got 99.x for their UAI. I just thought I'd add that cos most people seem to be saying that those who do well in the SC go crap in the HSC and vice versa. It really depends on whether or not you have the ability to work hard consistently for that length of time. But then some people wake up at the beginning of year 12 and start trying then, so it really depends. And as Skillo said, some people who tried that hard to get so high in the SC (silly kids lol) burn out and crash before the end of yr 12. There isn't some magic formula that is always true.

shafqat

HSC
N/A
lol SC was a joke
i got low band 5s in geo and history
cos our school didnt really teach it to us

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
well if u base a view on the fact that the sc is bs and no one does jack for it, then i guess the ppl who do well are the ones who can make educated guesses in answering many of the questions. This technique also applies to the HSC if you approach it with the sole desire to get a high "UAI". make an educated guess at the dot points the markers want to hear and you'll get your uai.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
suma my teachers say that those who get high band 6's in sc are most likely to get uai's close 100 in the future

i know someone who got band 5s in the school certificate but smashed the HSC to get UAI of 99.85

how did everyones sc results compare to their hsc?
I haven't done my HSC exam yet but I think this is very wrong! The HSC subjects we do we choose; so therefore a lot of people would do better in these subjects as they enjoy them and WANT to do them! :uhhuh: Well, that's wwhat I think anyway! :) You also ofcourse need a lot of motivation and need to work towards your goals...

X

xeuyrawp

miaomiao said:
Wrong, wrong, wrong.
It's really productive when people post shit like that without talking about the subject at all.

My SC was a tad worse than HSC- I got all band 6s except Math, in HSC I went much better, I guess.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Comparing SC to HSC is nearly like comparing year 1 behaviour and development reports to year 12 hsc results. It's all about how fast or how well they improve from the previous years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)