School friends vs. Uni friends (1 Viewer)

S

Shuter

Uni friends kick ass. I still see mu school friends now and then but really once you have space and meet lots of people, you canfind people with interests which are mor elke your own compared to the limited sample of people at school.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Shuter said:
Uni friends kick ass. I still see mu school friends now and then but really once you have space and meet lots of people, you canfind people with interests which are mor elke your own compared to the limited sample of people at school.
Says the guy who sat by himself in the playground each day with his Buzz Lightyear lunchbox

thirsty

HSC
i like my uni friends alot better than most of my school. ones. its weird cuz i stil talk to all the boys from school heaps n like nothin has changed but now i see like 3 of the girls.
im so happy that school is over and we can leave all the petty shit that used to go behind.
i think my uni friends are alot like me and we have more in common and stuff which makes it so easy to get along with them.
the other thing with uni is that like every 6 months u meet new ppl when ur courses change so thats awesome.
i also like it at uni where u can really be yourself. No-one judges u they just accept ppl for who they are which is wicked.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
dont really have any real uni friends. just people to hang out with in class and sit with. I stick to one school friend cos she's in one of my classes and we have similar timetables.....kinda drifted from most school friends and slowly drifting from whats left. I dont particularly want to hang on either. so what am i left with? nothing....bah how depressing to actually face this....

S

Shuter

Maybe stop being a melodramatic whinger and people would like you.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
uni friends are.. different.. to say the least.

not your usual serving.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Shuter said:
Maybe stop being a melodramatic whinger and people would like you.
thanks cos i was really look for friendship advice mate :rolleyes:

breezy-babe

HSC
seems like everyone likes uni friends better hey.. is it just me i guess, coz i like to party not drinking as much as dancing. anyz i've close friends from other unis , but is it me or just coz i'm in 4th yr, feels like my uni friends dun like clubbing much as i do... think my non uni friends r lil cooler, but uni frds r nice so cant complain... anyz hope i get some replies hehe just got back to this internet thing... this is the second website i've joined after myspace and havent done any forum/web chatting since yr 10!! :p

breezy-babe

HSC
seems like everyone likes uni friends better hey.. is it just me i guess, coz i like to party not drinking as much as dancing. anyz i've close friends from other unis , but is it me or just coz i'm in 4th yr, feels like my uni friends dun like clubbing much as i do... think my non uni friends r lil cooler, but uni frds r nice so cant complain... anyz hope i get some replies hehe just got back to this internet thing... this is the second website i've joined after myspace and havent done any forum/web chatting since yr 10!! :p hey everyone got uni break? what r u's up 2? :)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I dunno...i think it always takes me longer to make really good friends. And sure its been 6 months already but the friends i have at uni dont seem to be as 'close-friend' potential as my school friends. Spose all my school friends have been that was for the entire high school -- so if it takes that long to make close friends i guess im screwed lol.

Another thing, i dont know if its been said/asked previously, but my course is full of girls and i have always got along so so much better with guys, so thats been a bit harder i guess. Is anyone else in that situation? Mos tcourses have a pretty good mix i guess.

lala2

Banned
HSC
^Also takes me longer to make really good friends. I reckon I'm pretty good on the acquaintance level, but actually taking anything further is quite hard for me....strange. Same with uni friends--not as much potential to be 'close knit'. It's also hard because they are all international students who live close to the uni, while I have a home and a family to go home to, so there's not much going out that could happen.

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
I have friends in my major who are in more than one of my tutorials, so we've all naturally become good mates. But my uni friends are very different from school friends... i'm alot more closer to my school friends though, as i've known them for over six years!

Last edited:

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
meh..

I love my high school friends so much that I go over to UTS to meet up with them two times a week. Sounds crazy, and it is.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Although i do adore my school friends its sad to say that when i do bump into them there isnt anything to talk about anymore. I still go out and bum with them once in a while though.

If i had a preference i pick uni friends.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
I only have guy friends at uni :S:S i dunno how that happened, i just dont get along with a lot of chicks. but coz i have around the boys so much, i miss my girlfriends from school like CRAZY. especially my best friend. we hardly ever see each other anymore. its really hard to get the whole group together to just hang out. :(

i could never choose one group of friends over the other. i love both school friends and uni friends for different reasons.

jellybeenz

HSC
Shell said:
I only have guy friends at uni :S:S i dunno how that happened, i just dont get along with a lot of chicks. but coz i have around the boys so much, i miss my girlfriends from school like CRAZY. especially my best friend. we hardly ever see each other anymore. its really hard to get the whole group together to just hang out. :(

i could never choose one group of friends over the other. i love both school friends and uni friends for different reasons.
I'm the same... all my uni friends are guys... but all my school friends are girls (and I went to a co-ed school) I don't know how it happened, but it did. I love my school friends like crazy... they are just the kind of people I know will be there for me no matter what. But Uni friends are a lot of fun- easygoing, carefree fun- and they encourage me to have fun and not attend many classes :S which I'm paying for now I have exams...

I'd choose school friends over Uni friends, even though I really really like my Uni friends (and am even going away with them for a week this semester break) and the different worlds they have shown me... my girls from school will always be there.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I'd pick my school friends over my Uni friends in a shot. We still talk on the phone at least three times a week, and see each other at least once a week. We all promised to make an effort to keep our bond and so far it's working for us. I talk to my boyfriend (from school) and best friend everyday no matter what, whether it be through sms, MSN or phone.

Of course it's different though. You're talking about people who you've presumably seen everyday for the past 6 or 12 years, compared to new people you don't hang with as often. I like my Uni friends, they're great to have chats with. But it's comforting to know I've got my girls and boys that I can count on for anything and know me inside out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)