• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

School leaving age raised from 15 to 17: thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Failure_123

HSC
The stupid government doesn't know it affects the students that want to go good, only students and teachers know that. I don't get bullied, i just get disgusted when i look at those lowlifes that decide to stay and those that have to.....

pman

Banned
HSC
I have afriend who turns 17 a couple of days after the HSC, if she didn't want to be at school yet had to do an HSC then i imagine that class would be disrupted and she would drag down the results of those in her class, esp the boys as she is quite attractive and flirtatious

Brontecat

HSC
I agree its a waste, but with the current economic conditions, a lot of school leavers are probably going on the doll, so it might be a lot more effective to redirect the doll money into schools.
i agree with this and the OP

it will create a bunch of ppl that dont care and will just go on until they can leave, thus creating more distraction and annoyance for others who are aiming for good ATARs, on the other hand as LordPc said it will benefit the government by encouraging people to avoid the doll and be able to find work when they are (hopefully) at a more mature age with the best scenario being that they stay at school, go to uni, and take out a big HEC/HELP debt to give the government some $$$

hereyes

HSC
Just wondering...
with the leaving age being raised to seventeen...
does the 'year' which students leave affect it?
what about the students who repeat? By technicality, their age would permit them to leave school from an "earlier grade" than others....?

or

:skip:if the student skips a few grades? I know this girl whose supposed to be in my grade, but finished two years ago at the age of 16. What is to be done with cases like this?

HSC
there shouldnt be a minimum age. people should be able to drop out at the end of yr 10.

people who dont want to be at school would most likely disrupt the rest of the class n disadvantage others. why should we, who actually want to do well suffer cuz they dont care?

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I don't like this decision. Some people want to leave school and go to tafe, now they are going to waste an extra year or 2 at school. Plus, I want the ferals out of my school pronto. Luckily my grade is the last to have the leaving age at 15.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)