School Report (2 Viewers)

Aznmichael92

HSC
Hey all, how did everyone go for their school reports?

I did quite well, for the first time I got an A in English (been 1 year since I got an A). I am extremely happy to get 9/9 A's :D Hope i keep this up for the rest of my senior years.

bored of sc

HSC
You got straight A's. Well done mate. Keep it up.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
A's in everything but maths (totally screwed) and PASS (there have been no assessment tasks so he didnt have any other choice) which I got a B's.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aznmichael92 said:
Hey all, how did everyone go for their school reports?

I did quite well, for the first time I got an A in English (been 1 year since I got an A). I am extremely happy to get 9/9 A's :D Hope i keep this up for the rest of my senior years.
Well done, keep it up.

Piyom

HSC
I did well in all of my subjects except Extension history... I got only 69% in my year 12 semester report. It has put a lot of pressure on me now.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
LOL. I didn't get mine yet but my Year 7 brother got it. My mother wasn't happy about his. I remember that. My brother's report was awesome for a Year 7 kid who doesn't even study that much. My mother seems to expect him to be all-rounder instead of being super-nerd in few subjects.

My brother came first in Mathematics with 99/100 in his Year 7 cohort. That is apparently the best mark so far in Gosford High School for Year 7 cohort (in the history according to the teacher). And what's so slack about my mum was that she didn't even praise my brother for that. She was saying how badly my brother did in English and Geography. (he got 4 marks below average for both but he doesn't care about those subjects)

If I were my brother I would have cried. Because as I said his results in Science, Music, Technology and Maths were absolutely awesome. It was hard to persuade mum how well he did.

Aznmichael92

HSC
bored of sc said:
You got straight A's. Well done mate. Keep it up.
thank you :D

Aplus said:
Well done, keep it up.

lyounamu said:
LOL. I didn't get mine yet but my Year 7 brother got it. My mother wasn't happy about his. I remember that. My brother's report was awesome for a Year 7 kid who doesn't even study that much. My mother seems to expect him to be all-rounder instead of being super-nerd in few subjects.

My brother came first in Mathematics with 99/100 in his Year 7 cohort. That is apparently the best mark so far in Gosford High School for Year 7 cohort (in the history according to the teacher). And what's so slack about my mum was that she didn't even praise my brother for that. She was saying how badly my brother did in English and Geography. (he got 4 marks below average for both but he doesn't care about those subjects)

If I were my brother I would have cried. Because as I said his results in Science, Music, Technology and Maths were absolutely awesome. It was hard to persuade mum how well he did.
If i was your brother, I would so be pissed. I mean he did extremely well and should be congratulated for that. Well done to him!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Straight A's. Congratulations. Keep up the good work. :)
And enjoy these holidays.

Aznmichael92

HSC
just wondering does this apply to any other schools?

At my school, in order to do 6 units of science i.e, physyics, chemistry and biology, you need to get an A or B in the School Certificate.

kbsb

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:

At my school, in order to do 6 units of science i.e, physyics, chemistry and biology, you need to get an A or B in the School Certificate.
Hey Aznmichael92
I dont think they do that at our school..about 90% of our school gets A or B... so I'm not entirey sure. are they even allowed to..seems harsh stopping people from doin what they want to. anywayz, Our careers advisor told us that only like 3-4 people every year do all three sciences (main ones anyway-phys,chem,bio)​

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aznmichael92 said:

If i was your brother, I would so be pissed. I mean he did extremely well and should be congratulated for that. Well done to him!
He was quite pissed off. He got more pissed off once my father told him the exactly the same thing. But in the end we went out to dinner yesterday congratualing on his maths result.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aznmichael92 said:

Yes. It applied to my school. You had to get A10 or A9 to be placed in Mathematics Extension 1 class. And you had to get at least C in Science to get into Biology and B for Physics and Biology, I think.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
lyounamu said:

your poor little brother! give him a hug from me.

my sister got hers yesterday, shes only in year 8, but kicking ass, in the family tradition <.<

autumn-angel

HSC
lol
did anyone check their behaviour??
I got bad behaviour but good grades lol
e.g.
respects others: sometimes

haha

bawd

HSC
lyounamu said:

Sounds like a joke about Asian parents in the Good Weekend my Economics teacher told us about. Some kid proudly brings home his exam paper/report sheet where he got a score of 96%, but then his parents ask him, "Where's the other 4%?"

Jeez, some parents need to take it easy on their kids.

Aznmichael92

HSC
lyounamu said:
He was quite pissed off. He got more pissed off once my father told him the exactly the same thing. But in the end we went out to dinner yesterday congratualing on his maths result.
oh thats nice :D

lyounamu said:
Yes. It applied to my school. You had to get A10 or A9 to be placed in Mathematics Extension 1 class. And you had to get at least C in Science to get into Biology and B for Physics and Biology, I think.
Kinda scary how people do six units of science but then again, I guess that is their favourite subjects. I wish I had a passion for physics but I really dont. My science teacher(one of the four I had since year 7) insists me to do so but meh. No passion for subject = killing yourself If you do it :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aznmichael92 said:
oh thats nice :D

Kinda scary how people do six units of science but then again, I guess that is their favourite subjects. I wish I had a passion for physics but I really dont. My science teacher(one of the four I had since year 7) insists me to do so but meh. No passion for subject = killing yourself If you do it :D
You don't know yet until you get into your Preliminary year. Last year, I thought Physics would be my favourite subject because I excelled in topics like motion, electricity and other Physics-related topics from Year 9 to 10. But when I tried it in Year 11, I hated it. I dropped it and wisely moved onto Biology.

Not only that, I dropped Economics and picked Business Studies and got forced to change SOR II to SOR I. That's why I am telling you: try your subjects, if you don't like it, change them after brief consideration, otherwise you won't get another opportunity to change them back. :uhhuh:

Aznmichael92

HSC
lyounamu said:
You don't know yet until you get into your Preliminary year. Last year, I thought Physics would be my favourite subject because I excelled in topics like motion, electricity and other Physics-related topics from Year 9 to 10. But when I tried it in Year 11, I hated it. I dropped it and wisely moved onto Biology.

Not only that, I dropped Economics and picked Business Studies and got forced to change SOR II to SOR I. That's why I am telling you: try your subjects, if you don't like it, change them after brief consideration, otherwise you won't get another opportunity to change them back. :uhhuh:
i like that nod! I already have enough units and so cant really do iphysics. I was planning to do jap for fun but didnt want to do it for hsc so didnt choose it. Plus dont like it as much as Legal :D Jap Teacher is telling me off for not doing it. Hope my class mate will do my school proud in the HSC for Jap :D

In saying that I think since I cant do SOR for hsc, I will most likely do MEx2 and drop it early if I dont like it or if it gets too hard for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)