school spec (1 Viewer)

lil_lainy

HSC
hey is anyone doing school spec his yr an if so wat r u doing in it - singing/dancing/playing music...etc

chepas

HSC
I'm in the massed choir again. Teacher put me down as a teacher-singer cos she ran out of Bass spots so I get a photo ID as well. :D

HSC
N/A
Dancing baby, dancing!

Can't remember what item, but when the time comes, I'll be covered in glitter. :D

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
yay!! i'm in spec this year too - choir - i might finally get to meet glitterfairy!!

see you there chepas! :)

HSC
N/A
lol... you'll meet me, I'm sure...

Finally remembered what the item was after crashing Spec rehearsal on Friday (wasn't planning to go, long story). some Cat Empire thing. Not cool because we're not dancing with North Sydney/Cheltnam/Macarthur (we hate them, but they're good competition) but cool because we're with Sonja Benson and she likes me even since I was a lead tapper in her Freestyler several years ago... ahh, she still remembers me, scary...!!!!

Looking forward to seeing Kathy again. God she's funny. I'd hate to be on her bad side though.

Also interested to see what Peter Cook will be like at Spec. I imagine that there are a lot of changes in the Dance sector of the PAU unit thanks to him.

Is George Foreman still conducting?

chepas

HSC
Ah yeah cos whatshername 'retired' from running the Spec last year didn't she?

You mean George Torbay? I expect he shall (he better lest I lose the main reason for doing it! He's the best :D :rolleyes:.) Legend.

John Foreman's still probably MC'ing it still... probably under a century-long contract with the DET...

I tried to avoid doing marching band this time but mates wrer goin "It's ur last year, why not", and plus they needed numbers(!), and so >: ^(. I'll still be in the choir intermittently like I did last few years though. Marching band uniform this year is funny. We're doing 'The Mask of Zorro' (had reh. today), and it's tops. Shiny capes, full Zorro style, and the Hat and cummerbunds. Brilliant!

ujuphleg are you alto or sop? Alto from what I remember hearing :). I wonder if they're FINALLY going to put damn screens behind that curtain so we can see what's going on! Surely they can mount some big flat widescreens up on the roof!

HSC
N/A
Oh god...

I did mean George Torbay and John Foreman, for some reason I sort of cut them in half and stuck them together :S

Yay for Zorro-ness! sounds fun! You marching band people always look and sound like you're having a ball. Plus, you get nice - COMFORTABLE - costumes and crazy contortionist people as back-ups. Not fair!

chepas

HSC
I remember last year, one of our capey things (I can't remember if it was for Spec or for another thing at the Ent Centre? Mmm..), the last resort cape, got a massive tear in it, and we had no other spares, so one of the dancer teachers actually had a sewing machine on handy so we got it repaired! I can see why you have sewing machines cos hey if something breaks/rips/tears/dies then spose it saves a looot of heartache and trouble...

I picked up the choir music for the first time ever today :rolleyes: - we're in for our precious ooooh's and aaaaah's as normal. Excellent!

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
im guessing you guys are talkin about school spectacular right?

we're in it as well.. from what i've been told we always do a small bit init...
btw, the "we" im referring to is the state drama company...

should be fun.....haha coz drama freaks are a coming

HSC
N/A
chepas:

Actually, sewing machines are rare. It is SAFETY PINS that are the livelyhood of a dancer's existance. That, and mini-sewing kits *sigh* Speaking of Entertainment Centre - do you get all the School Specs/Special Olympics/Youth Olympics/other weird unknown events all mixed up? I do... :S They all start rolling into one another after a while...

aLeeoh!: - Are you in state drama? Wow! I've always enjoyed the interval break entertainment. I love the hands-on approach of spec - interaction with audience etc. Crazy and amusing all at the same time.

Dynamix

North by Northwest and then turning slightly East
HSC
im not in school spec this year but i was a couple of years ago- best fun i ever had, playing with the stage band. Last time i was doing something for PAU (cant remember what it was) i met george torbay and he just blew me out of the water, he was so good, and im a bit disappointed i cant do it anymore. oh well.

HSC
N/A
I've heard that he's something of a genius. I have friends who have been in the Spec band before - they speak nothing but good of him. I think my singing teacher's friends with him too, and she speaks highly of him as well.

Aussiechick

HSC
I'm in it this year, for the first time! I'm heaps excited, I've done the wollongong version plenty of times (Southern Stars) but this is my first time at school spec. I'm in the choir too, and am a soprano. Listened to the CD today, interesting..

chepas

HSC
glitter said:
all the School Specs/Special Olympics/Youth Olympics/other weird unknown events all mixed up
Yer, it got so same-old same-old between the Special/Youth Olympics. We (as the m-band) haven't done them for a year or two, dunno why. Prob just as well because they were sorta tedious gigs for us. They always wanted us to play the exact same music all the time just different drill/movements...

Spec Band are heap good - what else :D? I remember last year just sort of going gaah? at one of the fast Latin pieces they did - the piece was just really good - the one with the ultra syncopated brass shots on the ultra high 'D' for trumpets (if that means anything to anyone :rolleyes: ). EXCELLENT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)