School tools - no good (1 Viewer)

321ABC

HSC
N/A
hi there,
I am thinking of doing some of my major project either at home or rent out a workshop because some of the school tools are totaly hopeless and need repair/maintenance (I found out the hard way...)! I can't waste any time mucking about or wood damaged by mulfunctioning machinary, and was wondering... surely I can rent out a workshop or work on some at home seeing as the school don't have the tools I require in a working condition. I don't see why you couldn't do this? I am still doing all the project myself and documenting everything in the portfolio.

thankyou

SweetSeasons

HSC
Yeah I think, it's just as long as the teacher thinks you've done it your self.. n the only way to they can do this is if you do a majority of the work at your school...

I do think how ever it will be very hard to find a work shop or a company willing to let you use their equipment due to OHS.. OHS can be such a bitch sometimes..

Or let you touch their tools, because tools are expensive.. hence the poor quality often found in high schools.

Speak to your teacher aye, they are the best ppl to talk to about this.

LenaSaturn

Cheese worshiper
Sydney, NSW, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth
HSC
OK I know exactly what you are on about. My school has a similar problem, the squares are out, we don't have a planner/thicknesser, all tools are blunt, etc.

What I did was I went to my local TAFE that had woodwork facilities (luckly mine was just up the road :D) & asked them to plane/thickness my timber which they did do. As for other tools well if you have things like drills at home to use bring em in or buy one to bring in, that goes for all tools. Just add that into your finance thingy. I am doing that I bought a try square 'cause everything on mine needs to be square. I wish you luck in getting what you need. The other option is talk to your school & see if they can get the tools in for you... I am not sure if you can do the work outside of school though, would be nice to then I would have alot more done than I have done now.

Goodluck
Lena

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)