Schoolies 2009 - Byron - Who's been there before? (1 Viewer)

larahrah

HSC
I'm looking for VERY cheap accomodation. I am actually very keen on booking into the Budget Motel that has self contained studio apartments. All my friends and I have limited budgets. I looked into a few other places, such as Byron Bay Beach Apartments & Studios, But i couldn't really find many websites on them or reveiws so i was a bit adamant.

So can anyone recommend accomodation? I need to fit in about 12-14 girls. Thank you!

PS: Has anyone else started plans for 09 schoolies yet?

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Planning on going up round that time as well

this backpacker joint looked alrite..but seriously ill sleep in anything

any recommendations?

chodadude

HSC
How cheap are you talking?

There's backpackers, such as the Art Factory, but i'm pretty sure they don't take 'schoolies'.

There's also cheap as cabins but they're a bit out of the town itself, or the 'CBD' as they like to call it. Roughly 450pp/week.

Apart from that there's heaps of apartments/houses but they're reasonably expensive. From 600-1200 pp/week.

I'm trying to book at the moment, it's tough to find the 'perfect' place that is available, all the good places have been booked.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
chodadude said:
How cheap are you talking?

There's backpackers, such as the Art Factory, but i'm pretty sure they don't take 'schoolies'.

There's also cheap as cabins but they're a bit out of the town itself, or the 'CBD' as they like to call it. Roughly 450pp/week.

Apart from that there's heaps of apartments/houses but they're reasonably expensive. From 600-1200 pp/week.

I'm trying to book at the moment, it's tough to find the 'perfect' place that is available, all the good places have been booked.
Lol im trying to book for this november!!!! Me and my mates jsut wanan get away during the uni break

mattspiteri92

HSC
hmmm, im thinking of going to thailand.

Btw, does anyone actually know the Schoolies Dates for 2009 - like the 'official week'??

Thanks

Russdog

russell
HSC
i've got a house in a town nearby me and some mates will probably be staying in.. we'll take 12-14 '09 girls fa sho.

larahrah

HSC
Lol... by cheap i mean anywhere up to 600 each person for the week. So pretty cheap... and I want to be in walking distance to the beach haha. I know I'm not asking for much (Y)

NickBVK

HSC
Yeah i've started looking around for Schoolies '09 in Byron.

Some places are heaps expensive, so might end up BackBackerHostel'ing it. - Very cheap.

So pumped for it that it makes me forget about HSC

phayte

HSC
going to byron for schoolies..
28th to the 5th :)
cant waitt
whatre the main spots?

larahrah

HSC
NickBVK said:

Some places are heaps expensive, so might end up BackBackerHostel'ing it. - Very cheap.

I reckon I am staying at Backpackers Inn too, but they told me I can't make bookings till march 1st which worries me haha i'll be calling like 9am on that day :|

phayte

HSC
larahrah said:
I reckon I am staying at Backpackers Inn too, but they told me I can't make bookings till march 1st which worries me haha i'll be calling like 9am on that day :|
yeah i called up everywhere about the youth hostels and stuff.

i asked for the best party one and they all saiddd aquarius was the way to go cause it goes off. idk why a hostel goes off. but it does.

larahrah

HSC
NickBVK said:

PS: Brendan's friend? Kograh?

bianca--53

HSC
yeah im goin 2 byron for schoolies 2009 also :)

... but does anyone know when the official schoolies week/dates is ???

cant find it anywhere lol

charlie.h

HSC
N/A
word of advice - byron is shit for schoolies. they charge shit loads for shitty accomadation plus you need to consider grog and food - 2 minute noodles dont cut it

byron is only good for beach and that is on the good days - rest is shit house
woolies is the 2nd most expencive supermarket in aust - and i should no
i live there. honestly go up to the coast to brisbane or better still bali or somewhere nicer. save money!!! they have 3 clubs that smell of vomit and stale vodka. that cost a bomb to get in or you could go to beach hotel - free music entertainment.

the coppers are strict on fake licences and so are the security to get in - so you have been warned. alcohol in byron sky rockets when its schoolies

i am just telling you how it is rather then talking bout it highly.
if you dont decide to take my advice check out chameleon in jonston street opp woolies - cheap munchies and really good food and cheap cocktails.

:guitar::hippie: peace and rock out

well hope it helps
xx charlie

PamelaH

HSC
oooooh baby... so many hot guys to choose from for schoolies 09

alyssha00

HSC
woooohoooooo schoolies is gna go offt d hook in 09 babyyy byron here we come

yer me m8s got a 10 person house AND 2 apartments at tht central place got the last two babyy ahahahaha

good luck fiding shit nowww

btw hot private school boys gimme a 04 bro??

lovee

FUNDAMENTALS ENGLISH, GENERAL MATHEMATICS, HOSPITALITY, FAMILY STUDIES, SOR1, BEGINNERS MUSIC

tet55

HSC
we just got back from byron and stayed in the budget motel. byron bayside.
it was good, we had 5 people and paid 400 each with 100 bond each which we all got 95 back on. its close to everything and the cooking and washing facilities made everything so much easier and cheaper.

friends stayed at backpackers inn which had a really nice atmosphere with a communal kitchen and quite small rooms with not much ventilation. we generally just went there during the day.
with bookings opening in march our friends got in easily so dont sweat it, there is plenty of space and at least 5 backpackers around the town.

with the alcohol going up alot was even cheaper than it is in melbourne and the safeway was good with us cooking a meal for like $4-$10 each each night.

beach hotel had good music some nights, with a pretty good atmopshere. but the music stops at 12.
cheeky monkeys was probably my favourite with tables to dance on and a good variety of old and new music - but be prepared to get hot and sweaty with so many people in the small space.
both of these places were quite tight on id etc.

at night there were plenty of people on the beach and bonfires and everything which was nice to walk along after a night out.

even with a couple of rainy days it was good all round, beach is amazing and the shops are nice too.

we cooked meals everyday, shopped and drank in the day and night as well as going out and i spent between $400 and $500.. its not as expensive as you think, just drink before you go out..... or bring a flask in.

good luck looking for next year!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)