Schoolies as a PIP (1 Viewer)

RozBoz1

HSC
im doing my s&c PIP this year on schoolies and how it used to be a rite of passage but has now turned into a rip off for businesses to thrive off. does anyone want to share their opinion? if they think it has turned into a scam for money?
thanksssss

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
revenue raising, think how many fines would be handed out every evening:
-drinking in public
-underage drinking
-obtaining on behalf of a minor
-supplying a minor
-lying to the police

i swear the QLD gov. would make a shitload out of it

williamc

HSC
RozBoz1 said:
im doing my s&c PIP this year on schoolies and how it used to be a rite of passage but has now turned into a rip off for businesses to thrive off. does anyone want to share their opinion? if they think it has turned into a scam for money?
thanksssss
You don't understand basic economic concepts of business.

There is a thing called the price mechanism, where demand and supply set the price for a product. It is logical for a business to put up prices where there is such high demand (due to the large amounts of people). For example, there are 10,000 people that want to buy grog, but say there is only like 4 grog shops. Such high demand means prices are forced up and peopel are forced to pay because no grog up there is like death, i paid 48 bucks for a 30 pack of Vb cans at some rando grog shop.

Business' can also profit from the advantageous situation of everyone being drunk, and the ridiciulosu hours of operation. It is 2am, you are drunk as fuck will you care if a kebab costs 8 bucks instead of the normal 6 bucks?

Prices are hardly inflated anyways. And it is schoolies, who cares what things cost. You seriously dont care when you are up there.

So no scam for money, but rather smart business making decisions.

Hagaren said:
revenue raising, think how many fines would be handed out every evening:

-drinking in public (it is like a 60 buck fine and ther was only like 100 ish last year??)

-underage drinking (most underage drink in the apartments. very few would get caught)

-obtaining on behalf of a minor (security guards just tell you to fuck off. No police involvement)

-supplying a minor (same as above)

-lying to the police (lolk)

i swear the QLD gov. would make a shitload out of it
Im pretty sure the public sector would make barely anything. Mostly the private sector (business')

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
in general, a PIP on schoolies is a decent idea. I did my PIP in 2004 on music and it's consistent yet changing influence on 3 different generations (me, my sisters, my mother) and the upbringing. I got a very good mark but not good enough to get published.

Fuck, i loved doing a PIP.

but yeah, the idea you have i think sounds a bit shit tbh. there would not be much to right. Perhaps concentrate on the cultural aspect of schoolies more than an economic aspect as there is not much to it.

- hiphophooray123

0blina

HSC
N/A
Pretty bad idea that doesn't even relate to the course concepts.

HSC
terrible idea for a pip btw. you should change before you get owned.

leisha-b

HSC
I think whether its a good topic or not is dependent on what aspect of schoolies you are focussing on. how are you gonna gather primary information on schoolies when you won't be able to expereince the actual event until after the PIP is due. there are a lot of issues you will have to consider when deciding on what focus your PIP will have.

RozBoz1

HSC
ok, so ive revised my idea...
im going to concentrate on the development of schoolies and how it reflects the changes of teenagers values in society today.
so concentrating on schoolies 10 years ago compared to now and what teenagers wanted to do at schoolies.

so my headings are going to be:

- Short history and development
- expectations of schoolies going in the near future
and
- revelations of schoolies who have been
- conclusion of values (??)

man, i hate this i am stuck for anything on this. i just avoid it so much. pretty sure im just gonna do it the weekend b4... (N)

the nature of my questions are similar in both surveys for expectations and revelations so i can easily compare them and see if the values of aussie teens have changed. im thinking that the values havent changed much in some aspects but alot in others. i will incorporate all my secondary info in each chapter as well to enhance what im saying. i have designed my surveys on some of the secondary info i have found so i can relate them.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Hey RozBoz
Do you go to Trinity?
By the way I like your PIP idea - the revised one focusing on values.

Make sure you understand core business concepts (haha).
x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)