Schoolies Dilemma: Extra person in room (1 Viewer)

dotto

HSC
Okay I have a dilemma here that I'd really like help with. If anyone could provide opinion it'd be appreciated:

Around Jan/Feb 9 of my friends and I booked a gold coast apartment through schoolies.com. Unfortunately two of them couldn't make it and we had to find two new people (or three, since there was an extra space in the room) or lose the $220 deposit we made for them. We were able to find one person to replace them, but now our room has two empty spaces - one of them we needed to replace.

Recently, three of our other friends wanted to join our group. The problem being that we only have two free spaces. Now, someone decided that it'd be feasable to register 2 of the 3 friends and sneak the third one in, and everyone (excl me) agreed to do it. This all happened, by the way, while I was working a 5 hour shift on Thursday night. And so after work I was greeted with a voicemail message asking if I would agree to do this - and that everyone else was okay with it.

Now call me a whimp, but I'm not really comfortable with this situation. I have nothing against these three friends, but I know no apartment would allow an extra person. My friends say "how could they find out?" And well, the apartment people do have the right to check for our photo ID, but whether they will is something I don't know. But following Murphy's Law, I fear that they could do that and find us out. It'd also be a pain hiding the extra person. If they find out, I don't know the consequences, they could possibly kick us all out. More likely, they'll just kick the 3rd person out, but that would still suck as he would be stuck in the Gold Coast for a week with no place to stay.

But voicing this defiantly is hard when everyone else has agreed to it and the "how could they find out?" attitude. And that it's possibly the only way now we can fill the one required space (and lower the cost with the 2nd person, but that's not so important). Which is why I'm here for your thoughts (particularly if you've had experience with renting a schoolies apartment, and especially if you've tried to sneak someone in). Basically I want to know

- if any of you have risked/would risk it
- the likelihood of being found out
- what would happen if the unregistered friend were to be discovered
- any safe alternatives (the apartment block is filled out, but would taking one person and finding a two bedroom apartment closeby be a good alternative?)

Thanks
Dotto

cows_go_moo

Throbbing Member
HSC
i dont think your in luck, well the extra person anyway.
coz when u book through schoolies.com.au u get a building access card which u need to get into your accomodation, so if the extra person isnt booked in, they wont have one of these cards therefore no access.

I dont know how well they enforce it as i havent been to schoolies in surfers before, its just what i have read from the website.

7th Sign

HSC
good luck man...i very much doubt that you will get more people in their hell strict about numbers....on another forum i rember this guy telling me that he tried to sneak 1 person in and the hotel went totally rank at the whole group and made them do the cleaning for 3 mornings lol or they would be booted onto the streets.....where u from aswell? what school are these people from? aquinas ?

dotto

HSC
Actually we're from Sydney Tech and St George Girls, we all live in various locations throughout St George and the Shire. Anyway thanks for the information, it's still a bit hard convincing them because theyre still in the hypothetical 'will they really check?' while I'm in murphy's law mode

S

Shuter

They check all people's schoolies photo ID's each and every time you enter the hotel you have no chance pulling it off for a week. We were sometimes able to sneak in a person here or there at various points but sometimes we were caught in the act (with idle threats then made). Depending on the hotel some are more lax than others however the general standard is very tight.

Also, they're basically never kick you out unless you're doing some really bad stuff.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
They may not kick you out but they can keep your bond.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)