schoolies is lame! (1 Viewer)

schoolies is lame

• Total voters

Tom BMGS

HSC
Thing is, I don't really have many friends, I won't be 18, and I don't see the point in wasting the ridiculous amount of money that it costs to stay ANYWHERE in schoolie's week.
I'd much rather go overseas (which is what I'm doing).
Don't waste your money. Schoolies is the biggest scam since Vanilla Ice.

7th Sign

HSC
hahah schoolies is not lame....

you have not even been on it so how can you tihnk it is going to be lame...

sure when i was in year 12 i was like hmmm I kinda think schoolies will be shit....

but once you go its HEAPS GOOD!!! I am full keen to get up their aggain this year...but i got exams on i think :(

Seriously I had a mate with us who didnt drink much but he still had a pretty mad time...

its to celebreate the end of school with mates and meet ranomds, party, party ,party wtf is LAME about that??????

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Tom BMGS said:
Thing is, I don't really have many friends, I won't be 18, and I don't see the point in wasting the ridiculous amount of money that it costs to stay ANYWHERE in schoolie's week.
I'd much rather go overseas (which is what I'm doing).
Don't waste your money. Schoolies is the biggest scam since Vanilla Ice.

but see, for me, it wasn't a waste of money. I had a great time, spent time with my friends, met new people, got away from sydney, soaked up the atmosphere and returned home tired but completely happy. how is that a scam?
if you don't want to go, don't. but just cos you don't want to doesn't mean it's a 'scam'

nixy_00

HSC
schoolies is insanely fun.

I suppose u havent had the feeling when the old lady in ur last exam says...pens down. Its incredible from that moment on, u are free. And as if u dont want to go party with ur mates. If u dont wanna drink then dont it still is an amazing time, i made friends from everywhere whom of which i still talk to most days. I live in sydney and ive been down to melbourne to visit them, it was amazing. U meet that many people, no one knows if u were a loser in school or not.

schoolies is one of the best times of ur life, so dont knock it till uve tried it

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
grannysmith said:
'yay lets all get drunk and reflect on how crap our lives are!'

wake up people if ur lives really are that bad why dont u put all that money spent on beer toward something constructive.

getting drunk is a weak and unimaginative copout which doesnt produce any positive outcomes other than a false sense of wellbeing.

who agrees?

let me guess. either:

1) you went to schoolies and got picked on all the time and had really bad time

2) you went to schoolies and didn't get laid

3) both 1 and 2

4) your parents didn't let you go because they know you are shit and won't be able to take care of yourself

which one?

kahlilouise

HSC
May i say what a fucking dipshit.

Have you even been to schoolies?

Or do you just like to hide behind computer screen and make stupid generalisations?

Pfffft.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
half_caste said:
LOOK EVERYONE - a philosophical emo kid

my my my you've achieved your goal

everyone hates you :rofl:

go cut yourself and cry
People like you disgust me. Self-mutiliation is a serious issue, do you know how offensive that is to those who do it? They don't tend to be "attention seekers" or "emo", they do it because they're in emotional pain.
You fucking arsehole.

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
u can get drunk in sydney...

sounds overrated and no doubt there is a lot of exaggeration by people who are too stubborn to admit it wasnt that great.

tomcleary

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
People like you disgust me. Self-mutiliation is a serious issue, do you know how offensive that is to those who do it? They don't tend to be "attention seekers" or "emo", they do it because they're in emotional pain.
You fucking arsehole.
yeh its only a problem if ur fucked in the head. who cares if its offensive to them. if they find it that offensive then they might stop doing it

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
tomcleary said:
yeh its only a problem if ur fucked in the head. who cares if its offensive to them. if they find it that offensive then they might stop doing it
My God, do you naively think it is that simple, or are you just fucking stupid?

kimmi06

HSC
grannysmith said:
'yay lets all get drunk and reflect on how crap our lives are!'

wake up people if ur lives really are that bad why dont u put all that money spent on beer toward something constructive.

getting drunk is a weak and unimaginative copout which doesnt produce any positive outcomes other than a false sense of wellbeing.

who agrees?
ummm so what are u doing instead of schoolies??

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
black_kat_meow said:
You fucking arsehole.

oh wah wah wah, how old are you, 14? 15? i hate to tell you this, but you obviously don't have enough experience of the world to understand that people don't need to walk on eggshells all the time, lest they *gasp* offend someone.
obviously you are/were a cutter, frankly i don't give a shit. i hope you get over it soon, but in any case the post wasn't about people in 'genuine emotional pain' who use self mutilation as an outlet of expression... it was about attention seeking losers who don't know how to interact with others normally and crave affection and attention constantly, so they cut their wrists, cover it up badly and then whoops! someone saw! 'oh but i'm sooooo depressed, why doesn't anyone looooove me, wah wah fucking wah'.
trust me, when you get a bit older and have left school and all that, you will realise just how many cutters/self mutilators fit into that exact mould.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
lol what a fag. yeh im sure we all drink because we are depressed to oblivion and find solace through the overt consumption of the alcoholic beverage.

seriously, lighten up, or just shut up. schoolies doesnt have to be a booze fest anyway - just go with your mates, get pissed with them and youll have a blast. dont be so narrowminded

btw you're late for choir practise, churchy.

smik chik

Lisamac
HSC
I loved schoolies. People do get drunk...but its not really about that. I went because it was the last time that all my friends would be together.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
glycerine said:
oh wah wah wah, how old are you, 14? 15? i hate to tell you this, but you obviously don't have enough experience of the world to understand that people don't need to walk on eggshells all the time, lest they *gasp* offend someone.
obviously you are/were a cutter, frankly i don't give a shit. i hope you get over it soon, but in any case the post wasn't about people in 'genuine emotional pain' who use self mutilation as an outlet of expression... it was about attention seeking losers who don't know how to interact with others normally and crave affection and attention constantly, so they cut their wrists, cover it up badly and then whoops! someone saw! 'oh but i'm sooooo depressed, why doesn't anyone looooove me, wah wah fucking wah'.
trust me, when you get a bit older and have left school and all that, you will realise just how many cutters/self mutilators fit into that exact mould.
Actually, I'm almost 17. I'm not asking people to be ridiculously politically correct all the time, I just hate the assumption that all cutters are attention seeking losers and if someone isn't feeling particularly social or they are feeling down, they get told to go "cut themselves". Very few cutters are of the atention seeking type, most are ashamed and hide it. The people who do it for attention seeking obviously have problems too.
Well, whatever happens, I hope that when I "get a bit older and have left school and all that" that I don't turn into a heartless bitch like you.

xblizzard

HSC
Schoolies is pretty terrible. I disagree with the way the threadmaker puts it but seriously, you arent the first people to ever finish school, its not such a big deal. I can think of a thousand better ways to spend my money. Oh, and schoolies is a bogan fest. I hate bogans

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
black_kat_meow said:
Actually, I'm almost 17. I'm not asking people to be ridiculously politically correct all the time, I just hate the assumption that all cutters are attention seeking losers and if someone isn't feeling particularly social or they are feeling down, they get told to go "cut themselves". Very few cutters are of the atention seeking type, most are ashamed and hide it. The people who do it for attention seeking obviously have problems too.
Well, whatever happens, I hope that when I "get a bit older and have left school and all that" that I don't turn into a heartless bitch like you.
yeah, apologies on the age crack, i was tired and thinking of 2007 = yr 10 (as it did when i finished, ie last year).
i don't think anyone thinks self mutilation is never a problem; they were making a crack on a specific breed of cutter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)