schoolies - what i recommend (1 Viewer)

jessiej87

HSC
1 . week 1 is good if u are underage - if you are under 18 when you attend schoolies at the gold coast i would highly recommend that you go in week 1 - as there are beach parties due to the fact that most qld kids are under 18.. however in this week the clubs and pub are pritty dead during this week

i was however 18 and went week 1 AND 2 - for me the clubbing in the 2nd week made it better! but dont bother with the fake ID's as they are very strict and u are more than likely to get them taken off u like several friends of mine did!

2. watch Ur mates - just a note PLZ watch each other and look after each other - especially the girls as i know 3 people that got raped in the 2nd week alone!! yes it can be dangerous but you should be right if u look after each other and lock ur doors aswell as VERANDAHS/windows as i know a girl would got raped by someone coming in that way! - i would highly recommend staying in a high rise appartment for that reason

3. secrurity can be a bitch - secrurity is tight at most place for safety reasons - we ended up hanging around the guys in our hotel alot which was good because they were nice guys. - so guys thinking they are going to be bringing heaps of girls back to their room not likely that it is going to happen at most hotels (most couples ended up at the beach - some hidden away others doing it right near the water for everyone to see!! how awkward i felt walking past them!) however there was a mates that i did go to that was absolutely lax secrurity randoms were even sitting on the secruity guys lap, smoking weed infront of them and throwing things of balconies etc but i would NOT recommend this kind of place purely for secrurity reasons - alot of hotels were aloud visiters before 6 - or 7 so u can get people in before that time really easily

4. Drink in doors - as from my experience u can get fined - especially if u are underage i think its $225 for underage and $75 for others for drinking in public- anyway most people would have people over to the hotel and get really pissed and go to a club and dance all night head up to maccas or hungry jacks which were open all hours get some breaky or go home and get some breaky and then go to the beach and hang out with ppl for a while and sleep (wear sunscreen, the sun can ruin ur week otherwise) + drink drink drink ur day away as u do in the night (DONT DO THIS FOR 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT ITS A PAINFUL RECOVERY + my liver started to hurt, im hoping i didnt do any perm damage to myself!!)

4. Choose ur hotel carefully - some hotels are better than others so choose carefully - eg condor apparentments has residence in, so noise is a big factor that they are strict on however was great as the apparentment was huge compared to everyone elses, so u can fit alot of ppl in there - there are some that are great party places eg international beach resort, it was very noisey however but it had ALOT of schoolies in and everyone i know that stayed there said it was great

5. Go with good mates - u really dont want to be stuck in a hotel with people that u find annoying! go with people that are like u. eg dont bring a non drinker in a room with heavy drinkers. we had a prob with a light weight drinker who passed out on the first 2 nights trying to keep up even though we told her to STOP - didnt even make it out of the hotel 2 nights in a row!! CHrist!! it is really a test of friendship, u will learn about ur friends and see them in a new light - the good, the bad and the ugly! + its about celebrating so go ahead and celebrate with the people that helped u get through the hsc

6. Dont forget to eat something! have a break from drinking if u need it! buy alcohol in cans - most hotels are funny about glass OR smuggle it up in ur shopping at the start of the week - get things that are easy to make eg cheese on toast, cereal, 2 min noodles etc as when ur hung over u wont feel like cooking - although a proper dinner is REALLY good! i missed home cooked meals

7. HAVE FUN!!

any questions??

ps u can get limo transfers or sedans for cheeper than a taxi - so organise in advance
pps drinking mixed drinks and eating out and not exercising gave me a belly UNFORTUNATELY - so lay off the mixed drinks as much as possible, eat as healthy as possible, im not saying exercise coz its not going to happen

Last edited:

Spunge12

HSC
That was a great read. Thanks for that.
If anyone else could add their thoughts/ tips in this manner, that would be awesome too.

Thanks again, i'll be sure to link most of my friends to this post.

olchik

HSC
I wanna to add: have a good trip somewhere you've never been.

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
suchet_i said:
yeh but if u hav lyk a fake id, u sho them that id wen u r getting ur party pass n wouldnt they giv it 2 u .. its not lyk they would be asking for ur passport
Nice spelling efforts... anyway i have experience with fake ID's. Most clubs and organisations (if not all) have little blue light boxes. If they think there is even the SLIGHTEST chance your not 18 (which means they check almost everyones) they put the ID under the little light and it shows up any laser scratches (ie if your birth date has been changed) and also shows all the little multicoloured pictures that come on your drivers licence... these are next to impossible to forge and fake ID's don't have them, you would need over $1000 to buy a good one (and this is risky).

They are soooo tight! Especially at schoolies! The only thing I can suggest is if you have a sister or friend that look almost exactly the same as you, and convince them to let you borrow their ID. They are pretty bad about that too, because if you don't look like your picture, they don't let you in (this happened to someone i know who had a legitimate ID!) Also if they find out it's not yours, they confiscate it. byebye ID for both of you!

suchet_i

derka derka
HSC
Mrs.McDreamy said:
Nice spelling efforts... anyway i have experience with fake ID's. Most clubs and organisations (if not all) have little blue light boxes. If they think there is even the SLIGHTEST chance your not 18 (which means they check almost everyones) they put the ID under the little light and it shows up any laser scratches (ie if your birth date has been changed) and also shows all the little multicoloured pictures that come on your drivers licence... these are next to impossible to forge and fake ID's don't have them, you would need over $1000 to buy a good one (and this is risky).

They are soooo tight! Especially at schoolies! The only thing I can suggest is if you have a sister or friend that look almost exactly the same as you, and convince them to let you borrow their ID. They are pretty bad about that too, because if you don't look like your picture, they don't let you in (this happened to someone i know who had a legitimate ID!) Also if they find out it's not yours, they confiscate it. byebye ID for both of you!
heh i have been on msn too much, ok i'll try improve my spelling. well i might be getting a fake from a friend, it wont be a driver licence but like a normal identification card, also if that doesnt work out i "might" be able to get my cousins because some people say that it would be night time and they wont be looking that hard :S , my question is should i risk spending $100 and booking up for partyweek?

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
suchet_i said:
heh i have been on msn too much, ok i'll try improve my spelling. well i might be getting a fake from a friend, it wont be a driver licence but like a normal identification card, also if that doesnt work out i "might" be able to get my cousins because some people say that it would be night time and they wont be looking that hard :S , my question is should i risk spending $100 and booking up for partyweek?
Identification cards are pretty dodgy, because they are the easiest to forge, so clubs are pretty weary of them. Also would the fake have your picture or someone elses? because if its someone elses your better off finding a licence with someone that looks like you ie your cousin. Divers licences have bad quality photos, so they won't be able to tell if its you or not. With partyweek, it depends how much you care about the $100, its worth a try if ou don't mind risking the money. Also I have no idea how hard it is to get into the parties they offer with party week.

suchet_i

derka derka
HSC
on the fake i'll be having my pic. and well if you say its going to be that hard then i better talk to my friends and cancle booking party week. can you still have the same level of fun if you dont go to party week?

Spunge12

HSC
suchet_i said:
on the fake i'll be having my pic. and well if you say its going to be that hard then i better talk to my friends and cancle booking party week. can you still have the same level of fun if you dont go to party week?
Am i the only one who finds it odd when guys use females in the avatars?

Anyway, whats a good amount of money to take all up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)