Schools Reputation + Students marks (1 Viewer)

Ester123

HSC
Rhanoct said:
Well yes, but getting 90 in phys is 10x better than getting 90 in something like textiles.
That's because textiles is an easier subject and the theory requires a lot less work (I do textiles). However if you do well in textiles you won't be scaled down.

Our deputy explained it using an elastic band metaphor. He demonstrated that when you pull an elastic band down the top of the elastic doesn't move, just like high marks aren't scaled down. It is important to do subjects you like because then you will do better in them.

As far as the you can't get Band 6 in standard, maybe you should have researched it before you chose your subjects. I think it is pretty dodge. lol in 2005 my school got two of the three band sixes for standard english in the state. I don't understand why so few people get band 6 in standard, grr HSC english is pretty ridiculous.

HSC
SimonLee13 said:
Wow, how did you end up in that school in the first place then? I've heard of people coming from overseas in yr 11 and getting 98+
erm they may be from the country and that may be their local school... not everyone lives in sydney you know :eek::wave:

8===D ~o ~o

Banned
HSC
Omium said:
I cant be bothered reading this thread.
Ill just say this.

School MEANS NOTHING. in 2006 My school was ranked dead last (tied last actually).

In 2007, i got a UAI of 97.5 The next closest UAI was 70.

So basically it doesnt matter which school you go to, JUST WORK HARD :)
Did you go to Lurnea High?

HSC
^^ yah thats completely what i think, the ones that do standard are the ones that wouldnt be bothered generally...

conics2008

HSC
michael1990 said:
Well our school Risole, has abismal results in the HSC. Our highest UAI last year was 80 as you should well know.

lol what school do you go freind.

because you and I are on the same boat. mine was 85 llol with 2 credits haha...

michael1990

HSC
conics2008 said:
lol what school do you go freind.

because you and I are on the same boat. mine was 85 llol with 2 credits haha...
LOL!

Leumeah High School.
Quite a crap school.
Some very good teachers, and well some teachers that aren't even competent.

SimonLee13

HSC
Earache said:
I
Just found out that in standard english it is very hard to get over band 4 even if u write a great essay and answer well..
Give us your example of a "great" essay.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
michael1990 said:
LOL!

Leumeah High School.
Quite a crap school.
Some very good teachers, and well some teachers that aren't even competent.

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only person who goes to as shit school! Mind you hopefully our year will boost our rep a bit, we have quite a few smart cookies which is more than we can say for last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)