Schools Spectacular! (1 Viewer)

CatOnAHorse

HSC
I know this is slightly off topic to the HSC dance course but I was wondering who here was doing schools spec 2008 or whether you did it in 2007 and what u thought of it.
I did it in 2007 and enjoyed every moment. It's great meeting all the new ppl and having general fun on such a large scale. I was in 3 songs however this year my shcool is only in one.

I have decided to try out for the tap audition as tap is my favourite style of dancing and although I haven't had lessons for the past 3 years im still pretty advanced for my age. Upon watching last years tap dance it looks pretttty simple stuff but I dunno whether the audition will be much harder to separate the men from the boys lol. Has anyone tried out for it before? What did you think and what kind of moves did they expect you to be able to do? I can't really think of any new moves to learn lol

I'm also trying out for the ballet and although most people seem to think I'll get in i'm being realistic and not expecting anything. The ballet looked simple from last year but my friends who tried out said the audition was fairly hard.

Iunno I mostly just wanna get in to tap lol

:lol:

METALDANCERBRIT

HSC
hey i did spec last yr nd it was my fist yr.....i LOVED IT!!!! didnt want it 2 end :( as 4 tap audition did u end up getting in? hehe i would hav seen u ther as i also auditioned 4 tap ensemble. Not gona attempt ballet nemore now im in tap coz 2 many thngs are clashin with my hsc exams...as 4 spec i am so excited and sad at the same time seein as it is my final yr i will get 2 do it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we are here
we should dance!"
  • Dance
  • Drama
  • Art
  • Music
  • Gen. Maths
  • 4 unit English

Mr. Silly

HSC
School Spec this year was awesome! we were the only Boy's Dance group and all the girls cheered for us :D and we didn't have to audition cause we got rep hahaha

CatOnAHorse

HSC
hey i did spec last yr nd it was my fist yr.....i LOVED IT!!!! didnt want it 2 end :( as 4 tap audition did u end up getting in? hehe i would hav seen u ther as i also auditioned 4 tap ensemble. Not gona attempt ballet nemore now im in tap coz 2 many thngs are clashin with my hsc exams...as 4 spec i am so excited and sad at the same time seein as it is my final yr i will get 2 do it.

sorry it only took me forever to respond I just came back on here on a whim. yea how awesome waws the tap routine but??!! lol I ended up on the stage for the most part with 2 other girls due to missing the first rehearsal lol! I also missed the ballet auditions because the faxes came too late to our school (we were forgotten) so yea that's why I missed the first rehearsal and wasn't in the ballet :(. But it worked out for the best in the tap (Y) Easy enough to pick back up again.

Last edited:

CatOnAHorse

HSC
School Spec this year was awesome! we were the only Boy's Dance group and all the girls cheered for us :D and we didn't have to audition cause we got rep hahaha
oh and as for the boys!!! Well I was cheering XD. It was so good watching that piece because the hip hop from the 2007 was disappointing I had my expectations low, and then you came out with that!!! That boys group was so awesome!!!!

I'm gonna miss it so much. The atmosphere, the friends, the lonnng looong practices and being tonnes muscly for a couple of months lol. I'm not allowed to do spec this yr *hmph* yr 12 intervenes!

BabyEars

HSC
School Spec this year was awesome! we were the only Boy's Dance group and all the girls cheered for us :D
LOL

and we didn't have to audition cause we got rep hahaha
Everyone got in because there were only like 50 dancers, and they didnt know what to look for.

07 dance auditions, everyone that was there got in too. So Stupid. I was part of the boys group for both 07 and 08 and most of the people couldnt even dance for crap.

08 was better cos they at least knew what they were doing.

07 they're like, 'ok you can do your own thing', and when we want to do our own thing, they didnt let us. They're like ok i want all the breakdancers to do headspins while coming on stage.

Yeah why dont we do nose spins while we're at it. lol.

All in all, it was a good experience, but the dancing was wack.

kBOS

HSC
N/A
Did School Spectacular in 2010 while in Year 11 was so stressful trying to fit it in with school, but a GREAT experience - it had been my dream ever since I was like 4 haha. so was great to finally have a chance. Of course the movement is all generic spec style - arms and repetition...but still fun :D balloons and celebrities are the best bits :) wish I could do it again this year, but no chance of that with the HSC!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)