• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Schools to introduce security ID cards for kids (3 Viewers)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
the only way a security card can b effective is when its got a microchip in it- which can allow the school to know where u are- but then again u can still rort that system as well! :D

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Xayma
Nope the closest we have come to a fire is when it was in another state ;) Actually it was fairly close to Wodonga, smoke + hayfever (resulting in breathing through mouth) for a few weeks is pretty hard though.
Have been shut in lots of times by bushfire (as a student and teacher) and snow (!). Was once shut in for over a week when I was at school when my town was cut off due to a bridge "falling" down (long story dont ask)
so yeah, natural disasters do happen and really shouldnt be umm, sneared at!:p (as per skillos "response")

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
the only way a security card can b effective is when its got a microchip in it- which can allow the school to know where u are- but then again u can still rort that system as well! :D
Yeah, it'll just cost more money.

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
as if a stupid cards gonna actually work...get changed, leave, forge a note for the next day and your sailing!

Originally posted by snapperhead
Have been shut in lots of times by bushfire (as a student and teacher) and snow (!). Was once shut in for over a week when I was at school when my town was cut off due to a bridge "falling" down (long story dont ask)
so yeah, natural disasters do happen and really shouldnt be umm, sneared at!:p (as per skillos "response")
can i ask....do u actually care if the kids jig? i mean like once every now and then...not all the time

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
whats my post got to do with your question? Just asking?
And yes, I do care about my students jigging-based on a little legal principal called "in loco parentis" (also known as duty of care) which means that if someone gets "hurt" whilst under my direct or indirect care (essentially from when you walk out your front door to when you walk back thru your front door) I'm (all teachers) legally responsible for you so yeah, its kinda a big matter when it *can* impact on my family life and finacial life (+ Im sick of going to student funerals...)
Fate is a bitch and I dont trust her!

gress

doesn't the gov. have anything better to spend money on?
these card things are such a waste

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
The school told us that if we dont have the card on us, the police will take us back to school...pfft as if they dont have better things to do with their time.

And what about when you've had an exam or have a free period at the end of the day? They don't issue you ones then...and nobody chases after you! So I guess it's easy for anyone to make up that they had an exam etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)