Science Faculty Welcome (1 Viewer)

cerebaton

HSC
Hey, unfortuantely I had a doctors appointment yesterday morning so I wasn't able to make the faculty welcome. For those of you who went, just wondering if you could give me a load down on what happened at the welcome. Thanks

emma_f

or M
HSC
You didn't miss much. Didn't tell me anything more than what I already knew anyway. After the heads of some areas gave a speech, as well as a yellow shirt and library guy, each program/degree split up; in the BSc group a couple of people from the head of some schools gave speeches about what was within their program, blah blah etc [by the way, tutorials start week 2 in case you hadn't realised]. i presume it was just mostly for those who hadn't finalised courses yet. if you're doing maths theres a student support scheme effective week 3. also, the library guy said to do this 'elise' thing before end of week 5 online. aside from that i didn't really tune in to much else, sorry. if you know all about your courses/program then you're set, and if you went to the uni some time during o week or beforehand to familiarise yourself and find the various buildings for your lectures, you should be all good. if not, no biggie, not end of the world -sort of stuff, just arrive a tad earlier.

FeelBare

HSC
Looks like heaps of people went to the Science Fac. Welcome (I was on campus... but left before it started, was so quite around campus at 10am).

Anyone know anything about the "elise thing" :confused: ?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
The Science Faculty isn't really useful. Though you do get to hear the same old jokes from Professor Archer. :)

As for the ELISE, this is the compulsory test that you must all take after a short online tutorial which should prepare you on using WebCT and UNSW Library Services.

You should be able to find ELISE somewhere in WebCT Vista. This is a separate website ---> http://vista.elearning.unsw.edu.au/webct/entryPage.dowebct

emma_f

or M
HSC
and the guy with the cockatiel on his shoulder.. head of science or education or something..?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)