• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Science/Law-PLEASE HELP! (1 Viewer)

Crimson red

HSC
Hey everyone,
Just wondering how hard is it to do Science/Law. I have completed 1 year of Law/Arts(Psychology), yet I am thinking of transferring to Science/Law as I really enjoy studying biology(and may want to do grad medicine), however not so much for chemistry. I am just wondering how demanding is the course(law units+ science units, lab work)? Those of you who are studying this combined degree are you able to manage your time well? Are you able to work around 12 hours a week? Is chemistry very difficult? What jobs are available within the science field? I am currently getting good grades in Law/Arts(psychology) and am afraid that if I transfer to Science/Law my performance will go down because of chemistry/maths :( Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

bored at work

HSC
I did it. Didn't find the workload too bad in the 1st year and 2nd year science subjects, I could just focus on law subjects and leave the science subjects for Swotvac to cram and still be fine. 3rd year science is a huge step up though in workload, however it's manageable especially if you choose your subjects wisely. For example, in hindsight if I was doing a 3rd year science I would do a 1st year science with it, and perhaps avoid doing property law in the same semester.

I also worked at least 12 hours a week all through uni with no issues. It actually made me more efficient doing so. Chem I didn't find too hard, I just found it boring, a lo of rote learning which isn't my thing.

No idea about the jobs in the science field, but I think most of the students go on to honours. I went down the law path though, and now don't use my science degree at all...

Crimson red

HSC
Thanks for the help =) I now have a good idea of how it would be like to do science/law.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)