Science/Law prospects? (1 Viewer)

SeftonIsAHole

HSC
How well does a science degree complement law? currently tossing up between comm/LLB and science/LLB as i know that for commerce, majoring in finance, taxation law or accounting can complement a law degree fairly well whereas for science i don't really see a connection.

I'm leaning towards comm/LLB as it opens up a lot more career opportunities, and a commerce degree would probly be more useful then a science degree if i end up dropping law due to its tedium.

However, i believe i would enjoy science more, and thus am at a loss.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

lawstudent

HSC
In my opinion science actually has alot more to do with law than commerce. (the use of logic and 'scientific reasoning' etc) I'm doing commerce and to be honest i do not enjoy it at all lol but that's just me, you might be different. In terms of career options, i mean its better to do something that you like and get good marks at it than doing something you hate and totally stuff up, speaking from personal experience here lol.

One more point, i think if you want to be a lawyer, other than being a corporate lawyer, there's not much advantage that commerce has over science.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)