• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Science papers are to short (1 Viewer)

Are science papers to short

• Yes

Votes: 29 29.3%
  • No

Votes: 70 70.7%

• Total voters

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
rofl, i dont see how the sciences are short, you guys are not writing enough. :-S
exactly! In terms of the HSC booklets, you should be writing about 3-4 pages for 6-7 markers. 5 markers like 2 pages. You should be trying to write almost everything somewhat relevant to the question because there are marks awarded for specific things.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
rofl, i dont see how the sciences are short, you guys are not writing enough. :-S
exactly! In terms of the HSC booklets, you should be writing about 3-4 pages for 6-7 markers. 5 markers like 2 pages. You should be trying to write almost everything somewhat relevant to the question because there are marks awarded for specific things.
+1

My school's papers for phys and chem have either 30 or 31Q's to be answered including the options and I find the timing quite tough.

If it was like CSSA 2007 Physics asking 28Q's, I'd just have time to check my answers once or twice thoroughly after attempting all questions.

Btw, to clintmyster: I think 3-4 pages are a bit excessive. lol.

shady145

Banned
HSC
on friday we had a video conference with the head science guy in the department of education(thats what i was told, his name is richard or something) he said 1 page is sufficient for 7 marks XD and showed us how it was marked... he did say we should be taking up the whole time in the exam, reading, underlining the key parts of the question... everyone knows this already tho XD

random-1005

Banned
HSC
do you agree

bloody leave if you have already finished, no one is making you stay.

would you rather they rush you and give you 30minutes (or something bullshit like that). Amazing, i never thought i would hear of someone complaining about having too much time, you can leave if you are that confident, otherwise shut your head.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
bloody leave if you have already finished, no one is making you stay.

would you rather they rush you and give you 30minutes (or something bullshit like that). Amazing, i never thought i would hear of someone complaining about having too much time, you can leave if you are that confident, otherwise shut your head.
uhh, yeah they are making you stay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)