Science prac tests (1 Viewer)

eat_well

HSC
Does anyone else hate science practical exams or know any tips to prepare for them?
I hate the idea of a test being out of your control but I know a few people that love them because they don't need to study as much.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Ummm I hated them into yr 11 but for yr 12 I was fine for them.

My Yr 12 bio was quite easy about enzymes.
My Yr 12 one was also not too bad, just knowing how to titrated.

You just have to keep a calm and structured head when doing them.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone else hate science practical exams or know any tips to prepare for them?
I hate the idea of a test being out of your control but I know a few people that love them because they don't need to study as much.
At the end of the day, they can only test what's in the syllabus. Just read up on safety, experimental method, validity/reliability, do heaps of practice and you'll be fine. Just treat it as any other test.

2xL

HSC
I hate it too. Personally I don't think it tests enough of the "physics" or the chemistry behind a test.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't like them either - give me a normal test anyday. That being said, just study the theory side of a prac. Your only problem is if you have the practical skills to pull it off without messing it up - but the pracs aren't usually that bad so you'll be fine! :)

mecramarathon

HSC
for chemistry, learn to titrate with precision the slightest mistake can cost you a lot of marks, also learn to make the perfect graph with line of best fit and correct x,y labels

always use a simple one line conclusion that relates to your aim

also be wary of the resources they give you in prac e.g. if you knock down your beaker of solution they'll take off marks

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
If you read the 3rd column of the syllabus the to do thing and you can address all those dot points thne you are fine. Practical exams does not necessarily involve experiements. it can involve reading and answering related questions... which is so dumb...

I am kind of on a fence for prac exams. They tend to worth a lot but the total marks is so little e.g. 20 marks for a 30% weighting. If you do well, it's a way to boost your ranks but if you do bad... then there goes your rank...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)