• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Science Practical Portfolio (1 Viewer)

StaceyK293920

HSC
Would anyone happen to have a science practical portfolio for each science practical typed up and listed? (e.g. Chemistry - Gravimetric Analysis of a Mixture), also listing the variables with the conclusion?. If you do, would you mind attaching it to this thread or sending a PM with the file? This would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks ;).

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Here's some of mine. Not sure I did the variables every time, though:

There's probably one more, that I can't find at the moment. Sorry.

bored of sc

HSC
Aerath said:

lol, don't be sorry ;)

StaceyK293920

HSC
Thank you so much Aerath :). Now all I need is the physics and biology practicals.

Thanks again Aerath, really appreciate it!

bored of sc

HSC
I'm thinking of asking the current year 12's at my school for their chemistry notes - haha, it would be so helpful and save alot of time and effort

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Aerath said:

Nice work Aerath, I needed them as well ;). I'll probably try and make physics and biology myself, otherwise, if someone can post them, that'd be great :D.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
My Physics ones were hand written. :(

By the way, if anyone [*cough* Eric (The Kaiser)] can post a Chem Prac about Magnesium Oxide, that would be great. :p

bored of sc

HSC
here's another gravimetric analysis - if you want it

by the by - well done aerath - outstanding

bored of sc

HSC
we should do this for every subject!! (except maths and some of english for obvious reasons)

bored of sc

HSC
Aerath said:

By the way, if anyone [*cough* Eric (The Kaiser)] can post a Chem Prac about Magnesium Oxide, that would be great. :p
is that the one where you compare the physical and chemical properties of the reactants and products?? it was for us - it shows the physical and chemical properties of the reactants (for our experiment the reactants were magnesium and oxygen) are different from the properties of the product (s) [magnesium oxide]

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Nah, it was something to do with the ratios, how Magnesium and Oxygen combine in the ratio of 1:1, and we had to use Atomic Masses to prove that.

The Kaiser

HSC
Aerath said:

My computer can't upload Microsoft Works files as attachments unfortunately, but if you and the other members want to see my all my Practicals, just feel free to PM and I'll copy-paste it directly, but be warned it will be long. :D

bored of sc

HSC
Aerath said:
Nah, it was something to do with the ratios, how Magnesium and Oxygen combine in the ratio of 1:1, and we had to use Atomic Masses to prove that.
oh okay - i think we covered that ratio concept through the electrolysis of water - cause hydrogen and oxygen are in a ratio of 2:1 respectively so the amount of hydrogen is double oxygen with water is electrolysed (i think that is a word)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Would anyone happen to have a conclusion for 'the effect of surface area to volume ratio on the rate of diffusion?'. We used agar cubes to investigate the diffusion rate of agar cubes, which represent cells.

Thanks.

Edited:

Would anyone also have a conclusion for the osmosis and diffusion experiment? The equipment we used was a dialysis bag with starch and Iodine mixed with water solution. We left the experiment for 24 hours and the dialysis bag turned a differnet colour and when shaken, it went black. I'm just not sure how to write a conclusion.

All help is appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)