Science - Psychology or Arts - Philosophy @ UNSW (1 Viewer)

DMT

HSC
Hello everyone!

I'm doing engineering with either science or arts at unsw. The second component of my degree is purely due to interest. However I feel that the science component for whatever reasons is more credible then an arts degree. However I feel that philosophy would be more enjoyable for me looking over both courses. Also which course would involve more writing and reading (I like English). Any opinions and experiences are welcome!

Cheers!:guitar:

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
What do you think you'd in major in for Science?

Philosophy would naturally have more writing and especially reading.

Science is dependent on your major, but chances are it has calculations, labs, report writing etc.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hello everyone!

I'm doing engineering with either science or arts at unsw. The second component of my degree is purely due to interest. However I feel that the science component for whatever reasons is more credible then an arts degree. However I feel that philosophy would be more enjoyable for me looking over both courses. Also which course would involve more writing and reading (I like English). Any opinions and experiences are welcome!

Cheers!:guitar:
Well, if you want writing and reading... you probably want to take an English major or a Philosophy major in Arts.

If you're doing a second degree based purely on interest, like me, just do what you like - not what will offer good job prospects or whatever (remember your motivation for the second degree).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)