Science Teacher tutoring HSC biology/chem in Epping and Castle hill area (1 Viewer)

Letslearn

HSC
I am science teacher (Biology/Chemistry) with years of HSC teaching experience in both the classroom and online environment.
I might have already tutored you without you being aware of it, as I am the creator of the letslearnscience YouTube channel

In addition to my teaching experience, I have been tutoring on a 1 on 1 basis for many years.

I am offering tuition for preliminary and HSC Biology, Chemistry and General Maths, in addition to Junior Science and Mathematics (year 7-10).

I have had the privilege to offer my services for free from the get go, but with a baby on the way and a mortgage around the corner those times have had to come to an end due to the new found financial responsibilities.

The tutoring experience I offer is somewhat different to the norm, but yet still covers all the crucial components you need to succeed at school and beyond.

Tutoring session for Preliminary/HSC students will focus on:

• Understanding and appreciating the concepts taught throughout the senior years. Memorizing the content can help achieve results, but true learning and retention occurs when understanding the concepts that underpin the content.
• Getting extremely familiar with the syllabus, with a particular focus on the dot points and their accompanying verbs.
• Past papers. Students will complete online homework (paper based homework if internet/computer is not available) every week that covers the previous week’s content. The weekly homework will include past papers that will already be marked before you rock up to your tutoring session and this will enable me to give you detailed feedback when it matters most.
• Helping you stay on track throughout your senior years and avoid those dips in motivation that tend to always occur at certain points during your HSC journey.

Tutoring for junior science and mathematics follows a similar format, with some modifications to make it more junior years friendly (e.g. less focus on syllabus dot point verbs than in senior years ;) ).

I am a strong believer in independent learning and believe that it is the role of a tutor to build their students confidence and eventually make them not need a tutor anymore. Apart from helping you achieve your desired results I also always aim to help you to use the internet and all of its information and resources to maximize your learning for whatever you might be studying in the future.

Tuition rates are:

• First session [trial session] for free
• 45$ per hour for preliminary or HSC subjects at my home in either Rouse hill (near castle hill) or Marsfield (Epping area) and 35$ per hour for junior science or maths (y7-10) tuition
• 20$ per student in small group tutoring classes
• Am willing to travel within the Epping/Marsfield and Rouse hill/Castle hill area, but there will be a slight increase in price, depending on the distance.

The price includes specifically tailored homework, marking and feedback of past papers and other exercises. My reasons for becoming a teacher had nothing to do with money at all and all to do with seeing my students learn and thrive, so you will be getting plenty of value for you money :)

Leave me a message or contact me at letslearnscience1@gmail.com for more information :)

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Bump for a awesome tutor, he knows his stuff.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
i watched a lot of his videos and it seems like he knows his stuff

~BUMP~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)