Scientiffic Information Questions (1 Viewer)

marxman

HSC
Questions of the form "Scientiffic information presented in the mass media, by comparison with similar information presented in scientific journals" - where do these even come from and how can I prepare better for them? I can't find them in any textbooks but there always similar questions like this. I'm generally OK at them but they always seem ambiguous.

Last edited:

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Questions of the form "Scientiffic information presented in the mass media, by comparison with similar information presented in scientific journals" - where do these even come from and how can I prepare better for them? I can't find them in any textbooks but there always similar questions like this. I'm generally OK at them but they always seem ambiguous.
These questions come from the skills outcomes in the syllabus.

Basically best to say that information presented in the mass media is subject to bias and is not peer reviewed by experts in the chosen field and designed to engage an audience of people who are also not experts in the field, whereas (say corresponding arguments here) in scientific journals -- then make your assessment on the validity / reliability / accuracy from that.

marxman

HSC
Thanks for the helpful response! Is there any good way to practice these?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)