scientific paradigms (1 Viewer)

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
In the rubric it talks about 'scientific paradigms' and i was just wondering whether anyone doing RFTG has really looked at scientific paradigms in any detail and could briefly explain it because ive entirely neglected it untill now!!!

Does it mean that scientific progress is facillitated by globalisation and hence the spread of scietific discoveries/technological advancements are also assisting in changing peoples way of life and traditional work.

This is my own interpretation.... and i'd really appreciate your time in expanding it if you can!!!!

Goodluck everybody!

-Saedie

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
The best way of approaching this thing about paradigms is mainly to concern yourself only with paradigms which are relevant to the text.

In this case, a scientific paradigm has no relation to RFTG at all. The syllabus doesn't say that one should explain all the different kinds of paradigms in all texts, but rather, what paradigms are in there.

Thus, you would be far better off focusing heavily on the economic paradigm of globlalisation and perhaps philosophical paradigms about grief and change and perhaps, if you can find some religious connotations to that paradigm.

This was the advice my teacher gave me last year but it depends. If you feel more comfortable having at least SOMETHING with regards to scientific paradigms then what you have already is good. However, please remember that it is virtually impossible for a question foro RFTG to say something like "Explain how scientific paradigms are manifested in this module with reference to at least two prescribed texts." They would never be so specific so I wouldn't worry myself too much.

Best of luck to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)