scientific researcher in finding cures for disease? which university b. degree????? (1 Viewer)

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
If my ultimate dream was to become a scientific researcher in finding cures for diseases. Out of these degrees which one would be the best path. I know that I will have to get a phd, but for bachelors?

- bachelor of pharmacy
- bachelor of science

viva_la_albert

HSC
Re: scientific researcher in finding cures for disease? which university b. degree???

Bachelor of Science.

A Bachelor of Pharmacy will probably get you making pharmaceuticals or cosmetics, you won't necessarily be doing research. You'll have to do Honours as well as a PhD if you want to do research into diseases. Finding a university strong in microbiology, immunology, medicinal chemistry would be beneficial. You should also know that find a cure for a disease takes an extremely long time.

T

trowla17

Re: scientific researcher in finding cures for disease? which university b. degree???

wow... so ambitious, as viva_la_albert said it will take a very long time and hard work, collaboration and stress. The majority of people will fail so I suggest a combined degree of science with arts, commerce or computer science so you actually have a back-up in case the shit hits the fan.

Dreams are good, but you have to be a realist first.

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC

Hi, At UWS, we have a Postgraduate Research team which specifically deal with enquiries from students wanting to one day obtain a PhD. You can contact our Research team on sa-research@uws.edu.au for advice on what Bachelor's degree you should study. Best regards, UWS Course Info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)