Scientific Variables and diagrams (1 Viewer)

hsc2013

HSC
Hi

For my experimental report is it necessary to list all the independent, dependent and controlled variables in a list or a table or do I state those variables if I been given an analysis question only because at the moment none of my class mates know what the experiment actually is until the day we actually perform the experiment, we just have to assume what the experiment is and what we are going to do which is written as an experimental report.

Also in an experimental report do we need to include a diagram even though we are just assuming what the experiment will look like.

Thanks

DamTameNaken

HSC
I don't think you'll need a table to write out your controlled, dependent and independent variables. You could probably just mention them in the discussion saying something like 'experiment was mostly valid as we only had one independent variable "Insert name of independent variable" etc...

You should probably have a diagram within your method unless you can easily explain your set up in words but even then its better to have a diagram.

Andrew Harvey's chem syllabus notes for 2007 has notes on the chemistry skills topic which is all about doing practicals. https://sites.google.com/site/andrewharvey42/ . You should specifically read around page 4 - 8.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)