Scipio Africanus Help??? (1 Viewer)

Langrepa

Patrick
HSC
Does anyone know what Scipio Africanus' "attitudes and policies to the Greek East" were, or what it is actually referring to?

Is the question referring to his attitude to the Greek East's customs, lifestyle and influence or is it relating to the Wars in the Greek East and his attitude to Hannibal/Antiochus and the military policies he held???

Any ideas?

khoshgelleh

Help is on the way

well basically, Scipio africanus as u probably know was part of the Scipionic circle ( a group of greek lovers) .
in an essay like that asking you about his attitude you have to break it up into two sections : firstly his personal attitude: that being he liked greeks , taught his kids with greek tutors ect
the second section you have to refer to his policies towards the greek east :
mention how he believed rome should be a protector of greece .
and also mention his conflicting view with Flamininus which arised surrounding the situation in magnesia against antiochus

I hope that helped??

Langrepa

Patrick
HSC
Oh ok, thats good. What was his conflicting attitude with Flamininus? was that over whether Greee should become a protectorate, or have i missed the point?

khoshgelleh

ok. so off the top of my head... the year flamininus and scipio are in conflict is the same year scipio gets overlooked for the consulship and flaminius gets it..
the conflict is over the line of policy they take againts antiochus and philip of macedon etc.

You have to check up on this but i think scipio wanted to take a hard line and flaminius wanted to take a diplomatic approach ....... ( but just use the text book to double check because im not 100% sure it could be the other way round)

in the end scipio's appraoch is better .........

i dnt have my notes with me at the moment but if there are any other specific questions ... just ask :)

Langrepa

Patrick
HSC
Nah that explains it, i get it now. Thanks heaps dude, i reckon this question is gona be in the exam, so i just wanted to nail it. Cheers

Langrepa

Patrick
HSC
ah damnit! lol, yeh i cudnt really tell, u dont really have ur gender showing, haha. Thanks anywaz!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)