Scott Mann (Law, Economics & Business Ethics) (1 Viewer)

GreenLeaf

consultant
HSC
N/A
Anyone done a unit with Lecturer Scott Mann? It's beginning of semester and this unit hasn't showed up on WebCT. I am also properly enrolled.

So is this his usual teaching method? I emailed him a while ago, but he doesn't respond.

Also, for anyone who's done a unit with Scott Mann and has had a "take home exam", is this marked hard? The assessments seem too easy to be true.

Any help would be great. Thanks!!

Timbo650

Supposed to be studying
HSC
N/A
GreenLeaf said:
Anyone done a unit with Lecturer Scott Mann? It's beginning of semester and this unit hasn't showed up on WebCT. I am also properly enrolled.
I had him last year for Law Foundation.
I have always found him very approachable in person.... I never had a need to email him so I don't know about that.

In my experience, he is not someone who takes the view that "it's his way or it's wrong."

His take on the subject seems to be that he is about getting students to pass, not to try and make them fail.

Assessments are not easy - but they are do-able if you do the readings, and if you can assemble a reasoned argument. The kicker in Law Foundation is the volume of reading (and side reading) that is required to really get a grip on the material.

L

LaraB

GreenLeaf said:

So is this his usual teaching method? I emailed him a while ago, but he doesn't respond.

Also, for anyone who's done a unit with Scott Mann and has had a "take home exam", is this marked hard? The assessments seem too easy to be true.

Any help would be great. Thanks!!
If you've done law foundatino this unit should be a breeze - same text book, same topics, same readings/questions for a few weeks.

It's possibly a webct issue - they aren't all up yet.

He isnt' exactly the best with technological stuff so might be that he hasn't got it all in yet or could be webct people.

Don't worry about it. If yo'ur emeant to have one you will and if you don't, everyone will be in the same position as you.

Just because the assessments seem easy doesn't mean they are - these kinds of units are more concerned with your take on things than just spitting out other people's works in a reworded version.

If you do all the readings each week, contribute in calss, ask questions etc it'll be easy to do well but if you don't put in beyond minimal effort it won't be easy to get good marks. These units seem to have just as many fails as other law units.

Far as take home exams - they seem to be marked harder than traditional exams since you have teh stuff in front of you, in that its much less of a focus on content than how you say what you have to say.

Whereas traditional exams also test this, obviously a take home exam would have more of a focus on it because any old idiot can copy and paste from their notes in a take home :)

HSC
N/A
Whats this unit like if you have done Introduction to business law? And how relevant is this course to the real world, cause I am interested in this course

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)