• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

scrapbooking (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
well ive decided i want to make a scrapbook of 2009 to pass the time
but theres a few problems...

1. i have no idea HOW
2. i have no artistic talent whatsoever

so i was wondering, what materials are neeeded to make a scrapbook? So far ive bought the book itself, some coloured scrapbook paper, and a sheet of stickers.. thats it! what else do i need? also, what are chipboard letters, and how do i use them? are they a template or something which are used to cut out letters from pretty paper?

Last edited:

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
dont think you really need to know how. and you dont have to have artistic talent.

just do whatever you think looks good on the page.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
What I did when I was starting was chose a theme for the year (I was taking on a position that I would hold for a year within an organisation).

I then decided on a basic plan of attack which was the type of heading that I was going to use, the basic page format, what each page was to cover, the format for any journalling/writing I was going to do and then how many pictures I would use.

I then chose my paper and chose embellishments (the other bits that make the page interesting) that complemented me chosen theme - in my case 'thatched cottages' so small flowers, bits that could look like thatch etc.

After each meeting I then designed the page and included two types of photos - one general of the meeting (maybe a formal photo of people present or an informal one of people enjoying themselves) and a series of 'headshots' of people who were at the meeting to be scattered around the page.

Each page also had a picture of a thatched cottage somewhere - in a corner, in the centre, next to the journalling etc and embellishments were added to represent the meeting including is I was given a gift card as a visitor then that would be included along with a small set of notes about the meeting - who was there, what the meeting was about etc.

It was fun and a fun way to look back on that year.

The big thing was that I had never done it before and I simply did what felt right at the time.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
thanks so much cem :)

yes i think what ill do is just put things on the page wherever i think they look good, but im a bit unsure about some of the materials used in scrapbooking...

do you know if i can just use scrapbook paper as the background for each of my pages, or should i use cardstock? and do you happen to know what chipboard alphabets are used for?

Last edited:

philphie

Banned
HSC
lol you ladies, i wish i had enough patience to do something so tedious and meticulous haha

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
lol you ladies, i wish i had enough patience to do something so tedious and meticulous haha
lol a few months ago i wouldnt of had any time to do anything like this... but now since i have no life, i wanna pass some of the time by making a pretty scrapbook :)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
thanks so much cem :)

yes i think what ill do is just put things on the page wherever i think they look good, but im a bit unsure about some of the materials used in scrapbooking...

do you know if i can just use scrapbook paper as the background for each of my pages, or should i use cardstock? and do you happen to know what chipboard alphabets are used for?
I tend to use cardstock as the base page and the scrapbook paper for effect but there is no right or wrong way - what works for you.

The clipboard letters I use again for effect - e.g. as the first letter of each new month and the first letter of the meeting e.g. November and Bankstown and I would colour them to reflect late autumn in my 'thatched cottage' theme.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)