Screw ISIS (1 Viewer)

Evilo

HSC
Sammy-Blue said:
Seriously, SCREW ISIS:burn::burn::burn:
fuck yeah. im so annoyed, i went for a 3hr run, came back and its still fucked up.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
yeah it's absolutely unnacceptable. 8 hours after the results are out and the server is still unresponsive.

ANU can transport matter and mix oil with water but they can't fucking figure out when thousands of students log into a server in the same minute it causes problems

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
i just got on....just. but the server is still slow.

Evilo

HSC
a mate went to chifley to check his results.
Everyone is just sitting there continually hitting the refresh page every 30 seconds. After 5min the server goes idle, so people are just flooding the server with requests, then it idles and forces them to log off. Its never going to work.

blacksunset

HSC
im at home, with my own computer without a trillion students trying to log onto my network, and it still took me an hour!
a friend of mine refreshed for like 3 hours.
quite riddiculous. vce results all over again!

Evilo

HSC
its funny cos when i did hsc, i logged on at 9am and the results were loaded infront of me in less that 2 seconds.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Evilo said:
its funny cos when i did hsc, i logged on at 9am and the results were loaded infront of me in less that 2 seconds.
Same, I wonder if I should've used the same tactic yesterday.

Evilo

HSC
i had a friend log on at 11:50 and get straight on, but from then on i've had reports of it stuffing up until about 8:30pm

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
I think they opened around 11:40am, I managed to get my grades from enrolment around then, still very slowly, didn't get marks for a few more hours... Why couldn't they release them early like they normally do then everyone gets them more staggered...

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
ISIS servers don't load balance. this means when ISIS is getting absolutely hammered and ANU's other servers (like WebCT or ANUMail) are free (i.e. not many people are using them at the moment), the strain on the ISIS server doesn't get shared among all of ANU's servers equally. this is why you can log into WebCT or ANU mail instantly, when ISIS is unresponsive.

this is why this happens every freaking time release-dates come by. as stated above it's not hard for ANU to think more logically - release the marks at 4am and therefore the load on the server gets spaced out evenly. people who are eager to check their marks stay up at 4am (the logic behind this is not everyone will check them at 4am) and people don't tend to check their marks multiple times after getting them already; they log in, check them and log out. or an even nicer idea - charge each student $5 or so to get a service where marks get sent via SMS. now that would be 21st century thinking. i know i'd pay the $5 happily.

now to find a suggestions inbox i can send that to so hopefully, come end of the year, my heart won't be racing the whole time the page takes 40 minutes to load.

Last edited:

blacksunset

HSC
i chose to get my vce results by sms, rather than internet as so many peole i know had problems with them over the internet. obviously hsc isnt the same but vce it was a bitch...
i got them for free by sms... so they shouldnt even charge us...

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
stat2032 - financial maths - 54
stat2008 - regression modelling - 55
econ2101 - microeconomics 2 (p) - 70
finm2001 - corporate finance - 92

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)