screwed an exam... how will this effect overall?? (1 Viewer)

bigster001

HSC
have high aims for the HSC (ie. the course i want to get into is 98 material)

i semi- screwed up my modern history exam and im desperate to know if this will effect me... am i just being extremely paranoid or am i screwed???

in the modern exam i wrote one essay which i was meant to do in 55 minutes in 15.. it was about 1/3rd of the exam. if you do this subject it was the INDOCHINA/ INT> STUDIES IN PEACE IN CONFLICT question.... you guys know how deadly that is... NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!

smeyo

it really depends on how you do in the other subjects and how many units you do, cause you will need an aggregate of over 430 i think

bigster001

HSC
ok so if i wanna get an aggregate of 450 what sort of marks am i looking at for each subject?

i do 12 units and ive been going really well in all of them ( except one, spanish which was the one that i had planned to not count)

luckily in modern i was ranked first in my class and i do go to one of the higher ranking schools (ie. private school) so hopefully that should save me.

my other subjects are
drama 1/9
4 units of english 2/105, 2/20, 4/10
2 U religion 6/89
2 U spanish continuers 10/15 (but my class are all background)

so do i just need to pick up the pace in the rest of my exams? like plan to do better then i had hoped? thats what ive been told to do...

Squirrel

Edit: Don't post negative comments please - Ragerunner

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You are going to have to hope you do exceptionally well in the other subjects.

Just pray that that one semi-screwed essay isn't as screwed as you think it will be.

Otherwise you should be able to get 98 if your english is up to scratch.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Well your subjects aren't exactly high scaling ones.
That was really the wrong question to stuff up in Modern, its 30 marks worth!
But theres no point worrying now, you can't change it, theres no point stressing yourself. Just get on with life.

smeyo

yeah the only problem is some of your subjects arent the high scaling ones, but positions are still good. being ranked first in modern will help for half your mark, so your english will really help , but it is hard to say how it will really effect it.... just good luck for your coming exams...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
As long as you perform well, picking whatever subject you choose you are not going to be disadvantaged.

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
how do u think i will do. i think i will not do well in my Trials. but my current standings are:

4/3U 1/6
ADV Eng 1/4
Phy 1/2
Chem 1/3
IPT 1/10

keep in mind i come from a small school with really crappy HSC results 4 d last 4-5 yrs.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
do u know what mark u got? or do u just know that you spent less time then required on it?
i know people that have written exams in less time and still gotten decent marks

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
do u know what mark u got? or do u just know that you spent less time then required on it?
i know people that have written exams in less time and still gotten decent marks
Directs Tommy to date of original post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)